• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Values

Hubs

Trade Value List for Angels Players:

Untradeables.

Pujols. Not Tradeable. 

Hamilton. Likely Not Tradeable.

Trout. Would command such a large return it's not even funny, however, the Angels aren't moving him.

Weaver. Would command a huge return, however, not in the Angels best interest, in the short or long term.

Wilson. Same as above. Not likely to get as large of a return as Weaver, but again not in the Angels best interest.

Blanton. No one would offer anything for Joe Blanton.

Unlikely to be traded.

Frieri. As a closer, his value is high, as a late inning reliever, not as high.

Richards. As a young value starter with some success, only would be moved in a package, and even then, wouldn't command a huge return.

Iannetta. Unless the Angels are confident in Conger, I doubt he's moved.

Conger. He's not likely to be traded as his cost is minimal. 

Aybar. The Angels would trade him, as his offense has struggled in 2013, but it's doubtful, as they wouldn't be able to get back a sufficient return. And they have little depth in the upper minors.

Hanson. Not likely to be moved, may be non-tendered. He's put up an awful year in the AL, and only started 13 games.

Green. I doubt he's traded. He may not have minor league options, but he can hit. And they will find a spot for him.

May be traded.

Calhoun. Calhoun is a young player with potential from the left side. He can play 1st or the OF. He's a rookie. However, he also is older, at 25. And has minor league options, so they can also park him at SLC.

Bourjos. Bourjos had a season marred by freak injury. They still like him, but what would the return look like in a trade? I don't think another team would give them a decent return.

Trumbo. Trumbo has had an unlucky season, but he's knocking them over the fence. His defense is adequate at 1st or the OF. He's hitting at the lowest batting average of his career, but also has a significantly lower BABIP than last season where it was slightly above league average. His walks were way up in the first half, but he's slumping in the second half. If the return was substantial they'd move him, but to move him for a RP who is not an established closer or a low-grade starter? Not going to happen.

Shuck. Return would be minimal, but they don't really have a place to play him, and they have other minor league veteran options. He's played well for the Angels, and if they could get a decent reliever or middle infielder, they'd have to consider it.

Likely to be traded.

Kendrick has value. If the right deal comes along, they'll move him. But not for a middling prospect or a reliever. They want a young starter and a young third-baseman or closer.

Everyone Else.

No one else on the team has any substantial value. They don't have any prospects lighting up the minors. Taylor Lindsey and CJ Cron have value. Kaleb Cowart has potential. Most of the other minor leaguers have little trade value.

Trumbo's slides are too huge for teams to really be that interested.

When will he finally stop having these 1 month+ periods, where he almost totally disappears?

The K where he was ahead 3-0 in the count is a perfect summation of Trumbo when slumping.

Three 90 mph fastballs that didn't have much movement = three weak whiffs! 

I predicted a K after the first whiff.  Then again, any dope in Timbuktu could have predicted that.

Edited by Angel Oracle

With Pujols coming back healthy, adjusted and ready to play like an MVP again there's really no reason to keep Trumbo. Umm.......Pujols is going to do all that right?

Like you I am skeptical about whether or not he can do all that. What I am sure of is that a healthy Pujols is better than Trumbo, even at this age. I don't think he will be an MVP but I could see him put up numbers like 2012, which were very respectable. I know you don't like the if this happens and this happens type of thought of predictions. That being said, if Pujols puts up respectable numbers, similar to 2012, and Hamilton plays like he has in the last six weeks or so, it will be a huge shot in the arm for the team next season. I'm looking forward to your nickname for next year. May I suggest you sit next to the bullpen and become BeardLand.

Like you I am skeptical about whether or not he can do all that. What I am sure of is that a healthy Pujols is better than Trumbo, even at this age. I don't think he will be an MVP but I could see him put up numbers like 2012, which were very respectable. I know you don't like the if this happens and this happens type of thought of predictions. That being said, if Pujols puts up respectable numbers, similar to 2012, and Hamilton plays like he has in the last six weeks or so, it will be a huge shot in the arm for the team next season. I'm looking forward to your nickname for next year. May I suggest you sit next to the bullpen and become BeardLand.

The Beard would be a great acquisition. And yes Beardland would be something cool to consider.

The Beard is ideal for four reasons.

1). He's very experienced in closing, and would be helpful in Frieri's continued development.

2). He would not be real expensive, since he's just returned to active pitching in the past month or so.

3). He would not cost any draft picks or players via trade.

4). He has a rep for being a leader in the pen. This pen desperately needs one of those.

The Beard is ideal for four reasons.

1). He's very experienced in closing, and would be helpful in Frieri's continued development.

2). He would not be real expensive, since he's just returned to active pitching in the past month or so.

3). He would not cost any draft picks or players via trade.

4). He has a rep for being a leader in the pen. This pen desperately needs one of those.

Sign the Beard and deal Frieri is what I was thinking.