• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Things That Make You Feel Old

St1ck

They say the memory is the first thing to go and I say they are all full of it. People here are doing just fine. Not sure about the other parts.

Love all the nostalgia. I want to go find me a Sambo's for breakfast, spend the day at Lion Country Safari then take in a movie at the Drive In.

I remember listening to LA Rams  games on the radio. Roman Gabriel on offense and the fearsome foursome on "D".

I remember car phones. Phones that were installed inside your car.

Dial up internet anyone?

I have owned every KISS album from KISS to Dynasty on 8-Track, album, cassette and CD.

You're welcome, Gene.

I have them all on vinyl all the way up to Creatures of the Night. I lost interest once they took off the makeup. I remember how cheated I felt when they finally took their makeup off and it was with Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr instead of Ace and Peter. Couldn't wrap my 10 year-old brain around why they couldn't just get Ace and Peter to come on MTV with them to show their faces. 

From my senior year:

Top of the charts:

Olivia Newton-John - Physical

Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - I love Rock And Roll

The year I graduated was the year of the first final tour for The Who. 

Randy Rhoads was killed 2 months before my graduation.

MTv was the new rage.

The Angels were on their way to a division title.

ET ruled the box office

Friday the 13th was only up to part III

They say the memory is the first thing to go and I say they are all full of it. People here are doing just fine. Not sure about the other parts.

Love all the nostalgia. I want to go find me a Sambo's for breakfast, spend the day at Lion Country Safari then take in a movie at the Drive In.

I remember listening to LA Rams  games on the radio. Roman Gabriel on offense and the fearsome foursome on "D".

I remember car phones. Phones that were installed inside your car.

Dial up internet anyone?

I wish I would have been able to see Lion Country. There was a bison ranch off the 73 and McArthur back in the day that I would have liked to check out too.

Late to the party... but damn, do some of these bring back memories.  I was born in Detroit, so I'll have to explain one of these..

-Having to be inside when the streetlights came on

-Seeing Star Wars while on vacation in Florida when I was 13

-Being at the RECORDING of "Live Bullet" by Bob Seger at Cobo Hall

-having a visit by the "swimmobile".  This is a Detroit thing.. it was a portable pool, longer than a 18wheeler, that they would cart to the poorer neighborhoods in the summer.  It would be filled by hoses attached to fire hydrants.  It would stay in the neighborhood from like 9am until the streetlights went on... For most of us, this was the ONLY type of pool we ever saw..

-penny candy, anyone?

-Gas at 29 cents a gallon??

-50 cent Saturday matinees at the movie theatre that I could WALK to from my house..

-the ORIGINAL release of "Rocky Horror Picture Show"

-Having to buy any type of concert ticket at the actual venue--no ticketmaster when I was young. By the time I got to high school, we had one of the first versions of what would end up as ticketmaster-- CTC-- Convenient ticket Company. 

-Bob-Lo Island -- this is also very much just Detroit.  This was our version of Knotts or Disneyland. It was on an island, and you had to take one of their "boats" to get there. It was an hour and a half ride from the downtown Detroit dock to the park, and the boat was a "riverboat with a paddlewheel" that was part of the attraction.  We caused all kinds of trouble on the way there, but not one of us was awake on the way back, ever..

I'm not as old as some people here, but can drink all of them and shoot the shit.

I remember pay phone s and the quarter trick with the code to get a return and free calls. This happening beefier the internet and things going viral is actually pretty impressive. I'm very familiar with VHS and the defunct Laserdisc. I used to walk to school and think it was normal.

As for my age, I'm pretty young in relation to average death. But what makes me feel old is coming across people that were born in a year I remember and strangely, athletes that I follow from college then the pros the. retirement. Same kind of goes for players I watched that became coaches.

Recurring pain in back and joints.

For a 26 year old, this is uncharted territory.

Used to be a man could pop a couple asprin and pound a beer and be good to go.

Now its multiple trips to the doc and recommendations for physical therapists.

I swore I'd never get old. Where's my harikiri sword?

Recurring pain in back and joints.

For a 26 year old, this is uncharted territory.

Used to be a man could pop a couple asprin and pound a beer and be good to go.

Now its multiple trips to the doc and recommendations for physical therapists.

I swore I'd never get old. Where's my harikiri sword?

Sounds like rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia. Get yourself checked. My wife is dealing with it big time.