• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ok Albert, if you say so........

Ohtaniland

I don't think Pujols is as done as some of you think. Last year, despite a horrendous start, he still finished with an OPS+ of 140. I gotta believe his foot injury really did affect his play this year. I look forward to seeing what he does next year.

I don't think Pujols is as done as some of you think. Last year, despite a horrendous start, he still finished with an OPS+ of 140. I gotta believe his foot injury really did affect his play this year. I look forward to seeing what he does next year.

I'm sure the foot was a big part of his struggles this year, and his knee for that matter too.  But that's the point, even if he manages to stay on the field all year, he's never going to feel like he did when was in his 20s and crushing it.  He's only getting older, and next year even if his foot and knee are totally healed, he's going to be a year older, a half-step slower, his bat speed will decrease slightly, etc.  Ballplayers don't get better into their mid-30s (without breaking the rules).

So you missed last year from May on? 

a season is 6 months, you don't just get to exclude the bad parts.  And going into next season he'll be 2 years (and several injuries) removed from being good for "most" of a season.  Again, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to be good again, but the Pujols of old is GONE.

On Sunday, April 29, 2007, Hancock was killed in a motor vehicle accident when the 2007 Ford Explorer he was driving while intoxicated struck the rear of a flat bed tow truck at 12:35 a.m. Central Time. The truck was reportedly in the left lane assisting another vehicle that was involved in a prior accident.[2][3][4][5][6]

A police report revealed that Hancock was intoxicated at the time of his fatal accident with a blood-alcohol level of 0.157, nearly double the legal limit in Missouri. Police found 10.95 grams of marijuana and a pipe in his vehicle, although toxicology reports came back revealing that there were no drugs in his system. Hancock was texting on his cell phone when the accident occurred and was not wearing a seatbelt. An accident reconstruction team determined that Hancock was driving 68 mph (109 km/h) in a 55 mph (89 km/h) zone.[7]

So it was suicide.

a season is 6 months, you don't just get to exclude the bad parts.  And going into next season he'll be 2 years (and several injuries) removed from being good for "most" of a season.  Again, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to be good again, but the Pujols of old is GONE.

So let's see, a season is 6 mos. And 4 of the 6 he was very good proving he can in fact still be an impact player even if not up to his previous domination, but we should ignore that and just focus on that first 2 months and this year's injury issues and draw the conclusion that he can't and won't be an impact player in the future. 

I never said or implied that Pujols of old is still here. The point was, he showed last year that he can still be an impact player as opposed to saying he hasn't shown he can still crush the ball as the post I was replying to implied. 

I'm sorry, but I have no problem seeing Pujols put up similar numbers to his 2012 season for the next few years.  The dude played in major pain all season long this year.  That is the only reason his numbers were down this year.

I have plantar, and I don't know how he played every day on it. Dude is tougher than I am. I give him credit for that.

So let's see, a season is 6 mos. And 4 of the 6 he was very good proving he can in fact still be an impact player even if not up to his previous domination, but we should ignore that and just focus on that first 2 months and this year's injury issues and draw the conclusion that he can't and won't be an impact player in the future. 

I never said or implied that Pujols of old is still here. The point was, he showed last year that he can still be an impact player as opposed to saying he hasn't shown he can still crush the ball as the post I was replying to implied.

Why assume he'll ever be healthy again? There will be more/different injuries to come for Pujols.