• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Greatest American Band?

Greatest American Bands?

To me that means bands that had the greatest influence on others or invented something we take for granted now.

Top of the list is The Funk Brothers.

Others:

The Beach Boys

The Grateful Dead

The Band

The Flaming Lips

Double Trouble

ETA: Although not technically a band, possibly the single most influential group of the past 30 years (if not ever) was NWA. Can any other group in American history claim to have influenced an entire culture the way they can?

No love for Little Richard, Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley?

Go ask those legendary British rockers who they wanted to be, and they'll probably tell you either Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, or Bo Diddley.

But I guess if you're going for the guys that took it to another level, I'd go with the Doors or Van Halen or Guns N' Roses.

No love for Little Richard, Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley?

Go ask those legendary British rockers who they wanted to be, and they'll probably tell you either Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, or Bo Diddley.

But I guess if you're going for the guys that took it to another level, I'd go with the Doors or Van Halen or Guns N' Roses.

No one mentioned them because they are artists and not bands. If we're talking artists I'm sure Bob Dylan would have been mentioned too.