• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Despite Angels' woes, and 8-2 loss to Astros, Mike Scioscia wants more

Manager says he's committed to team. Owner Arte Moreno declines comment on status

This is very unusual for him.  Usually he says something like we will make a decision in the offseason.  Or Mike is our manager, we have made a commitment to him.

Any hope requires a dramatic change with the pitching.  I sometimes think the players are going through the motions because they know that the bullpen will serve up batting practice fastballs.

It seems obvious that Mike can not win with this team.  Of course with the bullpen the way it is, Connie Mack, Casey Stengel and John McGraw couldn't either.

so they fire Scioscia, Butcher etal and then use that as an excuse to trot the same pitching staff out there. 

Coaches make the difference on the margins.  A team may be 4-5 wins better or worse depending on their coach. 

This team is 54-67.  If Mike Scioscia and his staff are the worst in the league and they were somehow able to bring in the best coaching staff in the league, best case scenario would be that the team is .500.

I don't think MS is the worst manager in the league.  I think certain types of teams accentuate his strengths and hide his weaknesses and this isn't one of them.  Granted, it might be time to go in a different direction, but this team is bad because first and foremost, it lacks talent.  Maybe another manager would make better use of the existing crew and put them in better situations to succeed, but no matter how you shuffle it around, this is not a playoff team. 

If Josh Hamilton returns to a reasonable version of what he has in the past in 2014, it won't be because some guy sitting on the bench motivated him to do so. 

what should be obvious at this late time is that sciosia is a control freak who the players won't perform for.

how would like like to try to perform for a manager when you never knew if you were in the lineup or where you would hit in the batting order.

tired of beating that dead horse...

i always liked the guy that came up with "Napolize"

to explain a player that sosh buried on the bench, or in minors or simply drove batshit like he did to naps.

Hey AO- why do so many former halos do so well with other orgs? It used to be that our players were just shitty.

now , the players were good before they got here, suck while there here, and are good when they leave.

wonder if there's an advanced metric that covers this?

I wish I knew. It wasn't so bad when Vlad and Figgins left, although Vlad did have one good season for Texas. Napoli was of course one that hurt getting away.

Lately though, we're getting hammered in how well the prospects are now doing for other teams. Imagine if Torres, Corbin, and Segura were playing that well for the Halos. Watch Skaggs become a real good #3 in a couple of years.

And of course not ponying enough after drafting Harvey sucked.