• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I don't want to become a Dodger fan

Can't remember the exact category in how they phrased the stat, but I guess it's been since the 50's that a team in NL has been playing so well over a stretch.

I guess watching some relative history ain't so bad given our alternative.

I'm not even sure why I dislike the Doyers - other than their fans.  They never affect the Angels, but I think I hated growing up with the Angels always in the shadow of the Doyers. 

Unfortunately, I'm enjoying their play a lot. 

They're hot at the wrong time and I'm not just saying that because I dislike the Dodgers. I have Dodger friends who agree with me. You want a hot team in September/October. Not July/August. They're going to be pissed in October and wonder why the team can't play like they are playing now.

They're hot at the wrong time and I'm not just saying that because I dislike the Dodgers. I have Dodger friends who agree with me. You want a hot team in September/October. Not July/August. They're going to be pissed in October and wonder why the team can't play like they are playing now.

My brother's a huge Dodgers fan and I said the same exact thing to him yesterday. What they're doing is incredible, but it's about a month too early in the season. They're going to limp into the playoffs. 

I have hated the Dodgers since my early Atlanta Braves fanship, when both were in the NL West during the years of two divisions (why a team in a state with an Atlantic coastline was stuck in the West with three teams from California is another story for another time).

I would love to see them pull a Texas and choke away Game 7 with two out in the ninth. Doesn't matter whether it's the NLCS or World Series. I've resigned myself to them making the playoffs and I have given up on the late season collapse fantasy.

This is not always, strictly speaking true. Just watch the Angels get hot in September/October only to not get a top-10 draft pick. Such unfortunately timed high level of play would also Moreno/Dipoto that we're just one more highly expensive draft-pick-compensation-attached big splash free agent acquisition away from contending  :(

I'll never be anything but an Angels fan. No matter how bad they are playing. Whether I will watch or attend games is another thing altogether. It's nice to see my friends who are Dodger fans enjoy some success. I'll root for them if they make the playoffs. After all, they are a SoCal team.