• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lots of Angels notes in Rosenthal's column

nate

He won't get canned.  He might resign for a price, but the Angels can always move him to a different position.

A team can ensure they are going to get Sosh (if they want) by trading for him.  I'm not saying they will, just that it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

That's fine, but getting anything of value for him is a huge stretch.

Dismissing all media reports relying on unnamed or unquoted sources, as you and others (Lifetime, cough, cough) seemingly always do, is rather close minded....I tend to be somewhere in the middle....I don't jump on every media rumor as fact nor do I dismiss them all, particularly if it comes from Rosenthal, who, despite your narrow viewpoint, does have sources and is a credible reporter...same as Olney and others....

well said man.

Compare the rest of the teams in Major League baseball and tell me how they don't show the same inconsistencies.

That's a totally fair point.

That said, this offense is night and day. You see where we are in the standings, and we look great. But who here has any sort of solid feeling that we can come back from any more than a 2 run deficit? This team is based on a small handful of regular contributors (trout, howie before he was hurt, trumbo april-may). Then there's pujols, then there's 5 guys that every few days will do something. Rarely will they do it twice the same game, and almost never for two games in a row.

too be fair, this team has been very unlucky thos year with injuries. As bad as we look right now, consider hamilton is...below average. Shuck, nelson, kalhoun...non starters on most contending teams. Trumbo is slumping bad, etc.

Its a no win situation to field a team like that, especially one that was built on a marvel superhero offense masking a mediocre pitching staff.

Tension between Dipoto and Scioscia?  I figured that was a foregone conclusion months ago. 

And why wouldn't it be?  This is the team Dipoto assembled (with Moreno forcing his hand at least a couple times) and it reflects on him personally.  I think he has a long-term desire to work in the front office and this could end very badly for him.  Mike Scioscia has made questionable moves all year long.  Does anybody actually think Dipoto reacts by saying "that's ok" or "oh well" ? 

The litmus test IMHO is whether Dipoto avoids getting fired.  If he survives, I think Scioscia is gone much sooner than 2018. 

Tension between Dipoto and Scioscia?  I figured that was a foregone conclusion months ago. 

And why wouldn't it be?  This is the team Dipoto assembled (with Moreno forcing his hand at least a couple times) and it reflects on him personally.  I think he has a long-term desire to work in the front office and this could end very badly for him.  Mike Scioscia has made questionable moves all year long.  Does anybody actually think Dipoto reacts by saying "that's ok" or "oh well" ? 

The litmus test IMHO is whether Dipoto avoids getting fired.  If he survives, I think Scioscia is gone much sooner than 2018. 

I think that's the whole point.  This is Dipoto's team. 

and it sucks.

I think that's the whole point.  This is Dipoto's team. 

and it sucks.

With the exception of Blanton and Madson, I don't think he did that bad. 

In fact, most of the people on this board were praising his moves at the time his deals were signed. 

With the exception of Blanton and Madson, I don't think he did that bad. 

In fact, most of the people on this board were praising his moves at the time his deals were signed. 

Walden for Hanson, Segura for Greinke, Hamilton, Pujols (Arte), ignoring the bullpen in 2012 and not fully addressing it this year, Chatwood for Iannetta, Frieri sucks also. He has been HORRIBLE, and seemingly gets worse with every move he makes. I don't understand the free passes some people give this guy. I'm all for blaming Sosh, Butcher, and Moreno but Dipoto is just as awful if not worse

Walden for Hanson, Segura for Greinke, Hamilton, Pujols (Arte), ignoring the bullpen in 2012 and not fully addressing it this year, Chatwood for Iannetta, Frieri sucks also. He has been HORRIBLE, and seemingly gets worse with every move he makes. I don't understand the free passes some people give this guy. I'm all for blaming Sosh, Butcher, and Moreno but Dipoto is just as awful if not worse

Hanson and Vargas should not be this bad. 

Dipoto addressed the bullpen situation -- indirectly -- by trying to improve the rotation.  Our starting pitching should have been good for 6 to 7 innings on a regular basis.  They haven't been, and that makes the bullpen deficiencies so much more apparent.  Frieri has shown flashes of brilliance.  His problems are psychological right now.

This isn't about giving Dipoto free passes.  Virtually every move of his elicited big cheers from the same people who now hate his guts.  You guys can't have it both ways.  I criticized the Blanton and Madson moves from the get go and was lukewarm about Pujols and Hamilton because of the money involved.  In fairness though, never in my wildest dreams did I predict Pujols/Hamilton to be this bad.