• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Halos the most boring and predictable team in MLB

ghoetke

Mike Scioscia has always been a formula manager......every one has a defined role until they play themselves out of it.

opposing teams really don't have to scout the Halos --

never understood why Scioscia is so formula driven -- especially with the pen -- be like La Russa was, mix it up a bit, keep the other team guessing.

opposing teams can pencil out their line up and know who to PH in the 8th/9th because they know who will be pitching.........every time.

6 playoff seasons and walks by a World Series trophy in the stadium lobby.

There have been other managers with those in their résumé, but they never got a 10 year deal.

And sure enough, where are the post-season appearances now? None since 2009

And the WS title will always be enjoyed, but that was 11 years ago.

From 2004 to (soon) 2014 I have never seen Scioscia out-manage anyone in a big game.

I have seen his players out-play other teams, but I can't remember a big game in those 10 full seasons, where I, the announcers in the booth, or even the media in hindsight, EVER said anything close to "Scioscia brilliantly pulled all the right strings"

Conversely, I have seen him out-managed dozens of times in important games during the decade.

Halos the most boring and predictable team in MLB...

Should actually read, Scioscia the most boring and predictable Manager in MLB.

So predictable that sharp managers like Melvin, who owns Scioscia, and the other smart managers take full advantage of him.

Hell, when ALL of them know what's coming, they don't have to be great minds to be ready for it, and beat it.

Arte is another story. his desire to be seen as a loyal and super-nice owner, is biting him in the ass big time.
A 10 year extension to a manager shows he really has very little clue about what baseball is all about.

I hope he is learning things here, and sincerely hope he doesn't throw up his hands and doesn't bail out on the team, because I love the guy. He will have a great future with this franchise if he makes the right call and gets rid of Scioscia and the coaching staff.
The foundation is there, if he would just do it.