• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So... Canseco Was Right After All

so, in order to avoid the "hypocrisy" we should just continue to ignore the issue? How the hell is it hypocrisy to go back and try to clean up a mess that you previously ignored or even condoned?

Race Horses are tested more frequently than MLB players and that's by design. MLB would probably be embarrassed by the real truth of the matter. 

Race Horses are tested more frequently than MLB players and that's by design. MLB would probably be embarrassed by the real truth of the matter. 

It's by design according to what has been negotiated with MLBPA and is something that will continue to adjust. Enough of the bogus conspiracy theories already. 

the lifetime ban, which was considered but apparently not invoked, was in consideration of all of the evidence including but not limited to Arod's actual PED use. They didn't just contemplate or threaten that just because Arod is a high profile player. Arod deserves to get the book thrown at him. 

And no, my post isn't a little naive. MLB and now even MLBPA has been making efforts to clean up the PED issue going on several years now. Saying that they are only doing this because NYY has the potential for a rather large monetary benefit is completely disingenuous.

This is new evidence, not MLB trumping up old news to grandstand. 

Why is A-Rod's punishment so much harsher than Braun's or Melky Cabrera. Both lied about their PED use and Melky went so far as to have other people create a website to cover up his crime? I'm not saying these players don't deserve the book thrown at them but be consistent about it and follow the rules agreed to in the CBA. If the punishments aren't harsh enough then change them. Don't arbitrarily hand out suspensions of various lengths based on how the commissioner is feeling that day. 1st time you're caught is 50 games, 2nd is 100 and so on.

When A-Rod says he is healthy and the Yankees won't play him and then MLB is set to suspend him without appeal when everyone else gets one so A-Rod won't see the field it seems like they are trying to keep him off the field so the Yanks can collect insurance money. Obviously, that didn't happen but I would have read a lot into it.

Why is A-Rod's punishment so much harsher than Braun's or Melky Cabrera. Both lied about their PED use and Melky went so far as to have other people create a website to cover up his crime? I'm not saying these players don't deserve the book thrown at them but be consistent about it and follow the rules agreed to in the CBA. If the punishments aren't harsh enough then change them. Don't arbitrarily hand out suspensions of various lengths based on how the commissioner is feeling that day. 1st time you're caught is 50 games, 2nd is 100 and so on.

When A-Rod says he is healthy and the Yankees won't play him and then MLB is set to suspend him without appeal when everyone else gets one so A-Rod won't see the field it seems like they are trying to keep him off the field so the Yanks can collect insurance money. Obviously, that didn't happen but I would have read a lot into it.

I already explained this eaterfan but here it is again - because what Arod was caught with was much more than using PED's and included recruiter others and an attempted coverup of facts. They have been following the CBA in this entire thing. Nothing they have done has been outside the CBA. Again, the punishment considered and what is eventually handed down is due to an accumulation of offenses not just a failed drug test or evidence of using PED's.

And Arod wasn't healthy. Then he went to another "clinic" to shop for an alternate opinion to controvert the medical opinion he already received. What a dumbass considering what was coming down the pike, that he was well aware of already. Oh and by the way, the league isn't set to suspend him without appeal but let's address the fairness of the deal on that was reportedly on the table, it has also been reported that other players to be named in this ordeal were also offered a "settlement" reduced punishment if they opted out of the appeal process - and most have opted for that. What does that tell you about the case that MLB has?

It's by design according to what has been negotiated with MLBPA and is something that will continue to adjust. Enough of the bogus conspiracy theories already. 

Thank you for supporting my argument. Both sides agreed that it's not in the best interest of baseball to test too often because you might actually catch more of these guys which would continue to question the integrity of the game. Can't have that.

LOL I didn't support your argument. Both sides didn't agree that it's not in the best interest of baseball. Where do you come up with this shat? MLB was pushing for even stricter rules and met resistance from the players' union and negotiated to what they are now. The union is interested in the best interest of their players, not baseball. They are starting to come around due to internal pressure from their members and stiffer penalties and more stringent testing is probably coming down the pike in the near future.

Isn't it obvious that the testing is far behind in the technoloigy for the PEDs.

Lance Armstrong has never tested positive for anything and cycling has one of the most stringent testing in the world.

If you have a good team of doctors or trainers helping you out, players should never test positive.

Lance Armstrong only tested positive because his urine was frozen and retested when testing caught up with the designer drug-makers and the masking agents they use.

The bottom line is that these guys all KNEW they were juicing, and paid big money to the suppliers to:

1) make sure they didn't get caught

2) keep their identities secret

3) help them secure big contracts with their juiced performance

This sport is dirty. It still hasn't been cleaned up. The penalties are still a joke, and so are Selig,  the owners, and the players union.

Lifetime that's not going to happen anytime soon. Things will quiet down for a while until the next scandal hits. The integrity of the game for the past 20 years is flushed down the toilet because nobody cared to flush away the huge profits on both sides.

again, BS. More changes for stricter and more frequent testing has happened recently (last CBA revision) and there is still a growing call for more within the ranks. 

And again, no one is arguing that in the past PED use was basically ignored, even encouraged in many cases and that was in hopes of recovery MLB from deep declines in popularity (and of course with that the bottom line). That does not however negate the current efforts or increased efforts in the future, nor does it make these actions hypocritical. 

again, BS. More changes for stricter and more frequent testing has happened recently (last CBA revision) and there is still a growing call for more within the ranks. 

And again, no one is arguing that in the past PED use was basically ignored, even encouraged in many cases and that was in hopes of recovery MLB from deep declines in popularity (and of course with that the bottom line). That does not however negate the current efforts or increased efforts in the future, nor does it make these actions hypocritical. 

That does not however negate the current efforts or increased efforts in the future, nor does it make these actions hypocritical.

LOL!

Huh? Are you saying that those 15 players are the only ones who ever used PEDs? Those are just the names on one document from Biogenesis

Dammit, I normally only like to write less than 240 characters but...

This x100.  Everything said has come true in essence because...he was mostly telling the truth.

Problem with what Canseco said at the time is:

1)  MLB couldn't (and wouldn't) acknowledge anything for obvious reasons regardless of them looking the other way

2)  He came off as sour grapes and already had some credibility issues so I don't blame anyone for not taking him seriously (source: Me)

3)  Active players wouldn't say !@*# and those out of the game didn't want to back him up since it would only bring ridicule and shame - it was a lose-lose situation

We'll never know how bad it was - or how bad it still is. 

It just makes for fun message board fodder.

With the MLB having such large, long, guaranteed contracts - they will just get smarter and more careful.   When you can put your family and their family and their...on easy street for generations, you know they will keep using because the risk in this case might be worth the reward.

Only way it changes now is change the !*@ contracts.  And you can never ever have 1 strike and you're out because of the miniscule chance of false positive.

<3 NFL.

P.S.  I know I'm in the extreme minority and don't mind the flak but as with some other posters, I feel a bit bad for A-Rod.  Not feel bad for him in general, eff that.  He's set for many afterlives.  But if you believe what all those close to him say about the extreme lack of self-confidence and a large feeder for his addiction to PEDs, it's sad.  I'm sure his childhood/father issues didn't help his confidence.

Imagine being one of the best and not walking around each day on cloud nine with confidence for eternity - but instead the opposite. 

Bonds abused PEDs because of his ego. 

The more I hear daily (if true), the more A-Rod seems like that incredibly hot older woman who knows she is defined by her looks - and despite being the best looking in the room, feels completely inadequate and is addicted to plastic surgery.

Aaaaaaaaand he's a doosh.  But I still feel a little bad for that side of him.

Come at me.

The biggest joke of all is that no MLB front office personnel were fired, no owner was forced to sell his team and BS (Bud Selig) still has his job after all of this. Where is the accountability of those trying to hold others accountable.

The reason MLB has so many player douches is that the ownership side continues to be the douchiest of all. It all comes down from the top.

And MLB being such a straight arrow, non-profit organization, that REALLY sucks, huh?

Shame on him!

Let's try to stay on topic, eh.

My initial point is that a snitch is someone who tells on others for gain.  He's a snitch.  I have no respect for snitches.

Whistleblowers don't do it for profit.

I'm wondering how many of these clinics are around the US.  

To show how much the government cares, they only started investigating this place when it was leaked minors were using.  Type in Anti Aging clinics in google.  There must be hundreds in the Southern California area alone.  

i wonder how many players that have visited some of these other clinics are sweating bullets for when they get discovered. so far we only know about biogenesis, but i'm guessing there are plenty of players who have gone to other clinics for the same help that biogenesis provided.