• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Great job Garret!

I just hope he finds ways of getting better and better.  He sometimes falls out of his mechanics, but he is showing a really nice curve ball, and plenty of movement on the fastball.  The next two months could really boost his confidence and give him a running start on next year.

Two straight solid starts, this is what we need to see more often from him.

First pitch strikes to most of the batters over the last 3 innings does not suck either.

I was pretty sure this thread was going to be about GA stealing candy from babies, or keying a car, or tripping some old woman as she crossed the street.

He was a little shaky his last outing but made some great pitches to get out of trouble, something that most of the rest of our guys can't say.  I didn't get to watch last night but looks like he pitched really well.  It would be great for the org if he can settle in to a permanent role in the rotation.

He was a little shaky his last outing but made some great pitches to get out of trouble, something that most of the rest of our guys can't say.  I didn't get to watch last night but looks like he pitched really well.  It would be great for the org if he can settle in to a permanent role in the rotation.

That was my argument for him pitching over the twin turds Blanton and Williams.  Simply because his stuff is so electric, even when he loses control at least he can miss some bats and induce some ugly swings now and again.   

This is something to build on for sure.

If Richards can turn into a solid starter and the Angels resign Vargas, they will need to only fill the last starter.

Then they can have a really good rotation if they sign Garza in a free agency.

No to Garza, no to high priced Free Agents.  Not unless we have money to extend Trout first.  That must be the first priority for the team this off season.

No to Garza, no to high priced Free Agents.  Not unless we have money to extend Trout first.  That must be the first priority for the team this off season.

I wouldn't object to Garza if the price were right.  In fact, with Callaspo's and Downs' salaries off the books, if they can move Kendrick in a deal for a young pitcher they probably would have the money to get Garza.

He has a 1.053 WHIP as a starter, which is exceptionally good for a guy whose every 5th pitch misses its spot by 2 feet.  I feel like if they can just refine his mechanics a bit more to rein in his bouts of wildness, he still has potential to be a #3/#4 type pitcher.  

I think I'd try to keep Vargas....if Richards keeps it up, you've got Weaver, CJ, Richards and Vargas for next year....that potentially is a pretty good rotation....get the pen fixed, for real this time, and hope Pujols and Hamilton rebound and we can be ok next year....

I think I'd try to keep Vargas....if Richards keeps it up, you've got Weaver, CJ, Richards and Vargas for next year....that potentially is a pretty good rotation....get the pen fixed, for real this time, and hope Pujols and Hamilton rebound and we can be ok next year....

They need to get a 5th starter.

They can't go into it hoping Blanton, Jerome or Hanson may work out.

They need to get a 5th starter.

They can't go into it hoping Blanton, Jerome or Hanson may work out.

Yep...but if Richards keeps it up and Vargas gets healthy and signs a new deal, you're in pretty good shape with 4/5ths of the rotation done....that's a lot of ifs but it's maybe a realistic way to dig our way out of hole this year has been, without spending a fortune (again) in the offseason....Of the 3, Hanson is the only one who might rebound, and that's really iffy...Wms is a swing guy and Blanton, well, he's Blanton....

He has a 1.053 WHIP as a starter, which is exceptionally good for a guy whose every 5th pitch misses its spot by 2 feet.  I feel like if they can just refine his mechanics a bit more to rein in his bouts of wildness, he still has potential to be a #3/#4 type pitcher.  

In April, he threw 26 innings in 4 starts and despite having a solid 1.10 WHIP also had a 5.54 ERA.   He just needs to limit the big hit (not just HRs but any big hit) wih RISP, like he has the past 2 starts.

Indeed, in 38 starter innings so far in 2013, he's allowed just 2 HRs.