• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols won't have surgery on foot

Dr. Charlton was giving "what if" scenarios depending on the location of the tear.  I'm assuming he's not Pujols' doctor, because it was clear he did not know where his tear occurred.  If it's near midfoot - surgery, if near ankle (where they normally perform the procedure), then no surgery was the jist of it.  I'm going to assume that since both Pujols and the Angels organization are swimming in money that they are not getting their medical advice from Dr. Nick, and these factors have been considered.  

Surgery is not always indicated for plantar fasciitis.

Hamilton town should have an appendectomy.  I mean, why not...right?

I am sure it is very common for people to go for surgery if your advised that you don't need it.

You're right, it's only a partial tear. Better if he waits until spring training to see how it does. Albert Pujols year 3 should be just as fun as year 1 and 2.

You must be new here.

Feels like it sometimes, this board never ceases to astound me..it's like a bad game of "Operator":

Poster 1: "Pujols got his foot examined.  You know it was only a partial tear which effectively is same as surgery.  They say some people with partial tears need surgery depending on where the tear is..."

Poster 2: "Pujols has a partial tear and still needs surgery?!  Why isn't he getting it now instead of waiting until the offseason?"

Poster 3:  "He's not waiting because he wants to fulfill his contractual obligation.  It's what makes him a Hall of Famer and puts him on the brink of many records.  You know he's closing in 500 HRs?"

Poster 4:  "He's not getting the surgery so he can get to 500 HRs?  Selfish prick..."

Poster 5:  "Yeah, it was on only the prick of a cortisone shot that they used to try to alleviate some pain.  DIdn't work though...still tore the ligament"

Poster 6: "Lineament was used in the old days during rub-downs after a game.  Got to keep loose to avoid injury"

Poster 7: "Yeah, a jury of his peers felt he was just doing it for himself.."

Poster 8 : "What a jerk..."

the surgery for plantar fasciitis is plantar fascia release where they cut part of it.  In other words, the partial tear cut part of it.  He basically did the surgery himself.  It just needs to heal now.  Usually takes about 3 months so it's not likely he'll be back this year. 

the surgery for plantar fasciitis is plantar fascia release where they cut part of it.  In other words, the partial tear cut part of it.  He basically did the surgery himself.  It just needs to heal now.  Usually takes about 3 months so it's not likely he'll be back this year. 

So if had the surgery in March or April he would be perfectly healthy today? 

So if had the surgery in March or April he would be perfectly healthy today? 

probably.  but typical treatment for plantar fasciitis is non surgical.  Even for pro athletes.  The team still had hopes of making the playoff during the first three months so getting him back at the ASB wouldn't have done any good anyway.  We'd have seen a steady diet of Brandon Harris and Brad Hawpe. 

the way it's playing it is the way it should have.  Not great in any scenario. 

He wants to play this year. Though he added he’s “not going to rush anything. I’m going to let it heal, take the time that the doctor is saying that I have to take, because obviously they have more experience in that than myself.”

This is actually the attitude he should take. Don't rush it. Make sure that the doctors, the team, and the player are all on the same page as to his ability to perform. If the doctors say he's fine, then he's fine.

I just don't want him to rush it and try to come back too soon and re-aggravate the injury.

I think some of his comments are him being the good soldier as well.  I would give him a 5% chance of being healed up in time to come back and if so, he gets about a week or two of playing time?  Minor league season will be over so he can't rehab effectively and the team is done for the year.  They are going to move him slow on this for sure.  Get healthy for 2014 Albert. 

Did anyone just see the interview with Dr. Timothy Charlton on Angels live? He said he was concerned about him having a recurrence and also said he should have the surgery now to be ready for 2014. Pujols is a stubborn dumb ass, get the surgery NOW

"Pujols will not have surgery on the foot; the tear naturally accomplished what the surgical procedure would’ve done invasively."

I just don't get why he doesn't have surgery. It's not like he's afraid of needles.  :P

Ok one more time, but only once more.

"Pujols will not have surgery on the foot; the tear naturally accomplished what the surgical procedure would’ve done invasively."

I don't look to see him back in the lineup in 2013. I don't see the point. This season is basically gone, and to risk a recurrence of the condition just to get him back before the end of the season doesn't make sense. Just start over in spring training.

Which probably means that we will see him in mid-September.