• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

who today really sucks for

Trout, Weaver, Wilson, and the handful of other guys who have had good seasons and are signed here long term.  This org has clearly decided to throw up the white flag for 2013 (with good reason), meaning 2+ months of depressing, meaningless baseball and a very dubious next few years.

If you've watched Jered Weaver at all in his career, I think it's pretty obvious he cares deeply about winning.  Part of the reason he signed here long term at a discount was because he thought he would have a good chance at going to playoffs every year.  I'm sure he didn't expect to ever have a season where they were out of the race in July.

Trout, Weaver, Wilson, and the handful of other guys who have had good seasons and are signed here long term.  This org has clearly decided to throw up the white flag for 2013 (with good reason), meaning 2+ months of depressing, meaningless baseball and a very dubious next few years.

I'm about to enjoy a very doobie-yes next few hours! :D

Seriously, Trout and Weaver, the guys are competitors day in day out.

Honestly, I think Pujols is too, given the fact the guy refused to stop playing until he literally couldn't walk.

I said this in another thread, we need to dump Callaspo, Aybar and Kendrick, guys that have been here as the nucleus for the past couple years, and have got NOTHING done. They got home-friendly contracts, and I don't think they're earning the money they're getting paid. We get 3 young, talented players from our farm or traded from other teams to fill in 3rd, SS and 2nd base, and we have a face-lifted line up too. The team is just too stale with these 3 guys.

I'll be able to sleep at night, regardless of the pain Weaver and Wilson must be going through right now.

All kidding aside though, there does have to be some thought as to how Trout views the organization and whether he thinks he'll have the best chance of winning here.

All kidding aside though, there does have to be some thought as to how Trout views the organization and whether he thinks he'll have the best chance of winning here.

He's gone imo but he will be the centerpiece for a long time

Guess time will tell

Seriously, Trout and Weaver, the guys are competitors day in day out.

Honestly, I think Pujols is too, given the fact the guy refused to stop playing until he literally couldn't walk.

I said this in another thread, we need to dump Callaspo, Aybar and Kendrick, guys that have been here as the nucleus for the past couple years, and have got NOTHING done. They got home-friendly contracts, and I don't think they're earning the money they're getting paid. We get 3 young, talented players from our farm or traded from other teams to fill in 3rd, SS and 2nd base, and we have a face-lifted line up too. The team is just too stale with these 3 guys.

You're a riot! ... and couldn't be more wrong when you say their not earning their money.

That being said ... I wouldn't mind trading Howie for the right deal. Callaspo is a solid player and earns his paycheck but a upgrade at third would be a welcome site.

Today sucks for Weaver, Wilson, and Trout because we traded Scott Downs...really?

Yeah, I feel like I missed something, too.

This might become true, however, if we have Field and Romine as our dp combo for the rest of the year.

Today sucks for Weaver, Wilson, and Trout because we traded Scott Downs...really?

first real indication that the Angels are sellers. That along with rumors of Aybar and Howie being on the block, Angels are putting up the white flag.  Earliest in the season they've done that in a long time.  

"How can you be so obtuse?"

"What did you call me?"

"Obtuse.  Is it deliberate?"