• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: José Suarez allows game to get away in Angels’ loss to Orioles

17 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

1. he is out of shape, and fat.

2. his stuff has regressed, he's lost close to 2 MPH on his fastball, his chnage-up used be great, and is garbage now, both his fastball and changes are meatballs. thus, he sucks.

3. He is fat! did I mention this? but he's fat.

heck Barria would have probably been better.

1 - he's always been round. If anything this is the least round he's ever been

2 - stat cast data shows nothing of the sort -- you're making shit up.  His FB is exactly the same more importantly he's never pitched off his FB.  He's also getting more movement on several of his pitches.  It's been a command thing and might be a case of being too rested.  

Whatever they are having him do isn't working.

16 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Suarez can't be sent down unless he clears waivers. He's out of options. I'm 100% fine with him leaving the organization at this point. 

I think he'd likely pass through waivers. Everyone tends to be focusing on what they have in place.  The one team I could see making a move for him is Chicago.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think he'd likely pass through waivers. Everyone tends to be focusing on what they have in place.  The one team I could see making a move for him is Chicago.

Sure, that's a possibility.  My larger point was I'm fine with him being exposed to waivers, regardless of the outcome.  He shouldn't be on the major league roster right now.

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Sure, that's a possibility.  My larger point was I'm fine with him being exposed to waivers, regardless of the outcome.  He shouldn't be on the major league roster right now.

I agree he shouldn't be. I don't think he would be if he had options, it feels like they just didn't want to risk losing him so they have a square peg in a round hole situation.  He's not helping them and not pitching at all isn't going to help him find his command. 

Everything about his predictive data is wonky..  Velocity is steady, more movement and career low exit velocities but despite those exit velos he's been getting torched.  The big issue has been a massive spike in walk rate, so he's probably falling behind and serving up meat.  His Babip has been over .330 since coming back from the injury last year so, there's some bad luck there but the command issues are real and problematic.

But yeah -- its not working.  

36 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Good day Mr. Enright!

Your job, should you decide to accept it, is to convert Jose Suarez into a MLB caliber pitcher.

Should this tape be discovered, the secretary will disavow any knowledge.

Good luck, Mr. Enright!

and if you don't, his career will self-destruct in 5 innings pitched.