• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/9/24): Rays @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, no Neto, Schanuel dropped to 7th

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It would certainly lineup with how the playing time has been handed out.

I think its the opposite. Hicks' downside might be "less bad". Also, veteran, service time, all that B/S. Manager is 71 y/o. 

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hick's fucking sucks, so I sure hope Adell has more upside

Adell has been having quality at bats, Hicks has been hacking. 

No doubt if Adell had as many opportunities as Hicks, he'd be helping the team...at the least he'd be getting on base. He's been seeing the ball much better than I ever remember.

10 minutes ago, samwum said:

I think it’s the opposite. Hicks' downside might be "less bad". Also, veteran, service time, all that B/S. Manager is 71 y/o. 

Haha. So experience is bad as a player and as a manager?  That’s certainly an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha. So experience is bad as a player and as a manager?  That’s certainly an opinion. 

Come on...you know that's not what he's saying.  He's just saying that an older manager might have a predisposition for playing veteran guys.  It has certainly happened in the past.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Come on...you know that's not what he's saying.  He's just saying that an older manager might have a predisposition for playing veteran guys.  It has certainly happened in the past.

Sure. But that isn’t Washington’s MO. He’s been praised for his work with young players in Oakland, Texas and Atlanta.  So blanket statements about 71 year old managers and calling veteran/service time BS tells me that it’s less about Washington and more about taking issue with his age. 

Do umps ever get shown those 3D graphics of pitches they miss? It would be funny seeing their reactions. Or hearing excuses for blatant bad calls. Obviously close pitches have margins for mistakes but multiple times a game we seem to see any number of clearly wrong calls. Maybe challenges would clear up the worst calls.