• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/9/24): Rays @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, no Neto, Schanuel dropped to 7th

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (4/9/24): Rays @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, no Neto, Schanuel dropped to 7th

5 starters with averages .167 or worse. This isn't good. Rendon, Drury, Hicks, Moniak, Schanuel. Obviously still early, but some of these guys need to consistently upgrade their game. A hot series or two will help normalize the numbers. 

But the team is above .500 so at least the bottom line is solid so far. 

12 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Rengifo is not an everyday SS. Just not good enough defensively to take starts from someone like Neto. Think their best course is him playing 2B with Drury moving to 1B and Schanuel getting Triple-A time

He's not as good as Neto but he's got the range and arm to make it work here and there throughout the season to keep him in the lineup more times than not. 

5 minutes ago, HanfordGuy said:

I think the Angels know what they have with Adell and are looking to Hicks to be a lottery ticket. I give it a few more weeks before Washington starts sitting Hicks due to lack of bat.

Are you saying Adells upside is lower than Hicks?

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Going 3 games over .500 before our offense has clicked and a couple pitchers were still struggling, would be awesome 

The funny part is the offense is massively outperforming the pitching. 106 OP+, 78 ERA+.  The Red Sox have an ERA+ of 258, its early but it's nuts.  Offense as a whole is down a bit league wide.  I'm sure the weather is a huge factor early on.

13 minutes ago, Chuck said:

He's not as good as Neto but he's got the range and arm to make it work here and there throughout the season to keep him in the lineup more times than not. 

Oh for sure. FIgured he was gonna get everyday playing time, mostly at 2B, but also just all around the infield spelling Rendon at 3B at times and SS here and there

This Is game number 11, still a small sample size but Hicks as shown he's much better against lefties compared to righties.Thus he should be playing more against lefties and sitting against righties. 

Sano, I thinks deserves full time or close to full playing time. 

Adell and Moniak, got to see what they have.

Rengifo should also.be full time. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

This Is game number 11, still a small sample size but Hicks as shown he's much better against lefties compared to righties.Thus he should be playing more against lefties and sitting against righties. 

In addition to the 11 game small sample size -- we also have 12 years of MLB stats which show Hicks is much better against lefties compared to righties. Hard to imagine that changing, at this point.

2 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

I think the Angels know what they have with Adell and are looking to Hicks to be a lottery ticket. I give it a few more weeks before Washington starts sitting Hicks due to lack of bat.

In a rational world these names would be switched.

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I don't want to kick a dead horse or whatever the phrase is but I think you have to see what Adell can do. You get Hicks as a backup if he's a bust. I think Hicks should start twice a week and Adell the other four or five. Hicks won't be here next year. Don't they want to see what Adell can or can't do?