• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blum: Arte Moreno removed from "Calling All Angels" montage

Lol.

"A staple of that montage has been the inclusion of Angels owner Arte Moreno. A video of Moreno holding his own jersey up at a press conference has long been mixed into other highlights that include no-hitters, playoff wins, celebrations of the franchise’s all-time greats and even just nostalgic images of fans twirling stuffed monkeys in the air.

On Friday, loud cheers erupted whenever Trout came up — his Rookie of the Year, his cycle and his three MVPs, all noted. Voracious boos accompanied Shohei Ohtani’s inclusion, his Rookie of the Year, cycle and MVPs all met with disdain, surprisingly loud, even in light of Ohtani’s departure to sign a $700 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Then, there was Moreno, the man who is perhaps most logically to blame for Ohtani’s departure. His appearance was and always has been brief — no longer than a few seconds. If this were a Tuesday night in mid-May, it would have come and gone, not internalized long enough to even be noticed and forgotten.

But on Friday night, the home opener, the fans let him hear it. The crowd’s anger was unambiguous. And he was in attendance to witness it, likely from his second-floor suite.

The next night, in front of a much more subdued Saturday evening audience, Moreno’s place in the montage had been nixed. The same held true on Sunday. The rest of the montage appears largely untouched." 

Taking away a fans sign that says "Sell the team" is probably about the most petty shit I've ever heard.

Kicking a dad and son out of the stadium because the kid jumped into the turfed flag area to get a Trout home run ball is stupid.

Arte doesn't want to face the reality that 40,000+ ARE the majority of fans. And these are PAYING fans that had the gall to show up at the stadium.

I can't believe they still play that god awful song, it makes me cringe just imagining Trout and everyone else having to hear it 81 games a year.

3 minutes ago, DHangelfan said:

I can't wait for the ass clown to sell the team. 

Zero championships, and a losing playoff record. 

Hi @DHangelfan, welcome to AngelsWin.com

Let me introduce you to our reactions. We have you covered for every type of reaction to a post here, including F'n Arte. 

Enjoy! 

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 11.20.01 AM.png

There have to be reasons he hasn't sold. Especially at his age.

Financial? Is keeping the team more beneficial than selling it? Factoring in tax and all other factors. 

Family legacy? Related to financial. Does he believe that his family will benefit from ownership longer term when he isn't there? Assuming that things like a new stadium and various future partnerships will be part of the post Arte planning. Rather than other forms inheritance can take. Also it would mean that the family name would still have this public presence into the future.

Ego/Stubbornness? Having on field failures his whole tenure maybe he just wants to hang on till the team finally succeeds. By whatever criteria that he values. As well as stubbornness in taking  advice that contradicted his ideas. Even though they may have helped. 

Tone deaf? Perhaps he and his inner circle just don't care about public and media perception. 

These factors are probably all part of the equation in varying degrees. And probably other reasons too that are more private. 

It's a shame that things have deteriorated incrementally over time. But that's just the way things are. 

24 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Hi @DHangelfan, welcome to AngelsWin.com

Let me introduce you to our reactions. We have you covered for every type of reaction to a post here, including F'n Arte. 

Enjoy! 

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 11.20.01 AM.png

@Chuck we are still missing one very important reaction:

CatJam

CatJam.gif

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol.

"A staple of that montage has been the inclusion of Angels owner Arte Moreno. A video of Moreno holding his own jersey up at a press conference has long been mixed into other highlights that include no-hitters, playoff wins, celebrations of the franchise’s all-time greats and even just nostalgic images of fans twirling stuffed monkeys in the air.

On Friday, loud cheers erupted whenever Trout came up — his Rookie of the Year, his cycle and his three MVPs, all noted. Voracious boos accompanied Shohei Ohtani’s inclusion, his Rookie of the Year, cycle and MVPs all met with disdain, surprisingly loud, even in light of Ohtani’s departure to sign a $700 million contract with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Then, there was Moreno, the man who is perhaps most logically to blame for Ohtani’s departure. His appearance was and always has been brief — no longer than a few seconds. If this were a Tuesday night in mid-May, it would have come and gone, not internalized long enough to even be noticed and forgotten.

But on Friday night, the home opener, the fans let him hear it. The crowd’s anger was unambiguous. And he was in attendance to witness it, likely from his second-floor suite.

The next night, in front of a much more subdued Saturday evening audience, Moreno’s place in the montage had been nixed. The same held true on Sunday. The rest of the montage appears largely untouched." 

Arte taking his imagine and going home.

We can only speculate what's going through Arte's mind.  Appearances are one thing, but the reality might be different. 

I feel a little sad for the guy.  He was once on top of the world and adored by Angel fans.  It all went bad and there are lots of reasons why.  To us fans, selling makes sense.  To him... who knows? 

The Angels are constantly trying to control the narrative.  That's usually what happens when an organization isn't very transparent. 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Done. Titled "Good Vibes"

Hmm... it is "CatJam" to me, lol.

Thanks for adding it though, you will now see it exclusively on any posts I mark, it is the perfect response to everything really.

24 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Fans should be ashamed of themselves. Arte has done so many great things for this organization.

Like that one time he, uh, um....

And when he did that, um, thing, uh...

I heard he even left a 20% tip at a restaurant once

He lowered beer prices 20+ years ago.

King History GIF - King History GIFs

51 minutes ago, T.G. said:

We can only speculate what's going through Arte's mind.  Appearances are one thing, but the reality might be different. 

I feel a little sad for the guy.  He was once on top of the world and adored by Angel fans.  It all went bad and there are lots of reasons why.  To us fans, selling makes sense.  To him... who knows? 

The Angels are constantly trying to control the narrative.  That's usually what happens when an organization isn't very transparent. 

Poor Arte baby.

55 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I don’t.

He’s a rich billionaire who provides nothing but disappointment to hundreds of thousands of people.

Edited by BTH