• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kids in College?

My daughter joined the Air Force and will start attending school during her enlistment and then follow up with the GI bill. I believe the University of Maryland has a campus on her bases she is going to over seas. She was adamant she didn't want any student loan debt and didn't want my wife and I to have any other. She has also wanted to join the Air Force since she was little and she did it. 

My daughter and her Korean friend from high school wanted to attend together and ended up and Mount St Vincent in Halifax. Her plan is to take a Communication degree then spend a few years as a flight attendant while she decides what to do next and where to settle. She's already fluent in French and Tagalog and her friend has her pretty solid in Korean as well

I myself am transferring to Cal State Fullerton in the fall.  Applied for CSUDH, CSUF, Cal Poly Pomona, and CSULB and got accepted into all.  Going with Fullerton because they are known for their business school and are the closest to where I live

It depends on the major if it’s undecided community college is a great start to complete lower division general education requirements and some major courses until they figure out their major. Plus most students change majors at least once and the costs to figure that out is much cheaper at a community college. For what it’s worth I have one at a four state college year and one at a community college. Good luck!

19 hours ago, mmc said:

I myself am transferring to Cal State Fullerton in the fall.  Applied for CSUDH, CSUF, Cal Poly Pomona, and CSULB and got accepted into all.  Going with Fullerton because they are known for their business school and are the closest to where I live

CSUF Business Graduate here. I wonder if Da Silva is still doing finance...if he is I highly recommend him.

Best word of advice I can give you: after your first year, find an internship, or 2, or 3 whether it be paid, or free, that last about 6 months to a year, and see how you enjoy those positions to see what you really want to do with your degree.

It helps immensely, not only the recommendations you'll get and the experience on your resume, but will give you a better idea of what those jobs really entail. Furthermore, it will help guide you towards what classes you should take in the oncoming years.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:01 AM, Dtwncbad said:

What colleges are your kids going to or considering and why?

My youngest is in the final stages of deciding on a school.

Just curious. . . .

"Dad, they have an amazing business program" vs the reality.......

alpha phi news GIF

Good Luck to your kid.

If one has a chance to "go away" for school, they absolutely should.