• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/5/24): Red Sox @ Angels Home Opener! Canning on the mound

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Tier 1 and Tier 2 make the playoffs.

Tier 3 is .500 +/- 3-5 games

Tier 4 is @ 70 -76 win team

Tier 5 is a Tier 4 team trending down

Tier 6 is Under 70 wins.

Ok you called Baltimore a tier 3 team a couple days ago, when they are clearly the best team in the AL, but according to your tier system, you have them missing the playoffs.  Miami made the playoffs last year. 

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok you called Baltimore a tier 3 team a couple days ago, when they are clearly the best team in the AL, but according to your tier system, you have them missing the playoffs.  Miami made the playoffs last year. 

I said they were (at the time 3-2) were a Tier2/3 team.. 

They most likely will play themselves to a solid Tier 2 team by the first 20-22 games, which is when the Tiers officially get posted.

The Tier placements are independent of previous years.

Edited by Swordsman78

8 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Tier 1 and Tier 2 make the playoffs.

Tier 3 is .500 +/- 3-5 games

Tier 4 is @ 70 -76 win team

Tier 5 is a Tier 4 team trending down

Tier 6 is Under 70 wins.

Miami had 84 wins, the same as the Diamondbacks, and was a wildcard team last year.

You are a dunce.

Again.

I have no Issues with Soriano going 3 full innings and didn't think Ron mismanaged this game at all. 

With that Said, something I would consider going forward down the road.

1. Consider moving O'hoppe up to the 5th spot. he's a run producer and an RBI guy. I though by mid-season he'd be in the middle-of the line up. 

2. Sano has impressed me! put him behind O'hoppe in the 6th-hole and Drury down in the 7th. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Miami had 84 wins, the same as the Diamondbacks, and was a wildcard team last year.

You are a dunce.

Again.

What does that have to do with anything?  They were both at least Tier 2 teams last year.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m blown away that anyone that follows baseball would call Baltimore anything other than great. If they aren’t “tier one” then your tiers shouldn’t start at one. It’s legitimately retarded to believe they aren’t a top tier team. 

Maybe they are "on paper" right now, but who have they beat so far this year?  

23 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Who have the Dodgers beat? You know since last year doesn’t matter in your equation.  

12 hours ago, TroutField said:

Washington with all the “we are going to rundown the west” bullshit pre game and the goes onto mismanage the game and lose. 

squeeze bunt with Moniak up to put him in the hole 0-2 was so stupid with a hitter with so much swing and miss. Forcing the issue with Soriano and leaving him out for THREE innings in which he gave up runs in each inning and had no feel for his breaking stuff. 

that was probably the worst managed game since Maddon walked in a run. 

Squeeze bunt didn’t put him down 0-2 but 0-1.  Moniak swung and missed twice at outside sinkers that he’s gotta be able to put a bat on.  I didn’t mind Wash’s call there.  Micks gotta get better if he wants to play.  

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

If you can't go off last year, and you can't go off paper, and you cant go off who they've beat this year, then there are no tiers.

honestly tier system and the whole grading each game isn't really worth it  after 1.5 week in baseball. I'd understand if it was towards like week 4 to get assessment of the teams, but now it's pointless. 

Baseball isn't like basketball, a team/player could be getting An A+ the first 3 or 4 weeks and than crash. 

If your gone do a tier list or grades, I advice your to do one during game 40, 80,120 and 160. Basically break ot a part. Alot can help from this point to game 40, to 80 ...and etc. 

Also, the Os are a tier 1 team!  Maimai is more of tier 3.