• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I know it's only April, but...

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

Baltimore is arguably the best team in the AL. That series was always going to be tough.

This is still a transition year. Doesn’t mean they can’t compete but I won’t build any expectations. Just want them to stay healthy, develop the kids right, and make a savvy trade or two to compliment a good draft.

Baltimore is so good that this is what the guys who didn’t make the team are doing…

IMG_6652.jpeg

as such I’m not gonna put a lot of stock into those first two games against Baltimore, and against the last three games against a winless team. Or any 6 games. But anybody who was throwing in the towel after the first two games truly doesn’t get how good that Baltimore team is. Astros 2.0.

Edited by totdprods

Things to be pleased about -

-Taylor Ward seems like he isn't affected by the face trauma

-Mike Trout doesn't appear to be washed and can still destroy a baseball

-Bullpen results are improving

-Starting pitching looked better past 4 games

-Ron Washington has a plan

-Neto, O'Hoppe, Schanuel, are off to not terrible starts

-Soriano looked electric

Things to be concerned about-

-Taylor Ward is super streaky

-Mike Trout still hasn't made the adjustment to the high FB (his ability to make adjustments in game and over the course of a season is probably his most amazing talent) and is striking out a ton

-Bullpen struggles to throw strikes, has a WHIP of 1.30, and the second worst K/BB ratio in MLB

-Starters still struggle to get ahead of hitters, Sandoval remains an enigma, and Tyler Anderson has the best start of the year

-Ron Washington's plan has to be a good plan AND be executed for 162 games

-Neto and Schanuel are not off to great starts

-Soriano looked electric for a grand total of 3 innings

-The defense and fundamentals have looked meh

-Anthony Rendon is 0-19. He's not worried though.

TLDR - Sample size is everything. At least it's been a good start. I wish that was a better predictor of the next 156 games.

10 hours ago, totdprods said:

Baltimore is so good that this is what the guys who didn’t make the team are doing…

IMG_6652.jpeg

as such I’m not gonna put a lot of stock into those first two games against Baltimore, and against the last three games against a winless team. Or any 6 games. But anybody who was throwing in the towel after the first two games truly doesn’t get how good that Baltimore team is. Astros 2.0.

BTW, I don't see a place for Stowers in Baltimore with all of their OF depth. I'd love to bring him in as a lefthanded power hitting DH/OF in a trade at some point. Dude led all ST in home runs (hit three in one game) and now leads the minors with 5 HR in 5 games. 

16 hours ago, Spirit said:

The Angels started their season against two teams that were in the 2023 playoffs.  They're 4-2.

If they were 2-4, people would be bitchin' about it.  Nothing wrong with celebrating a good start.

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

They won 4 in a row. I don’t care if it was against my nephew’s Little League team. Pull the sticks out of your asses and enjoy 

8 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

all I know is that I enjoy watching them

All of this! 

I like this team because it is going in a new direction. Did not sign any pitchers on 1 year deals. Have a young 5 man rotation with depth in minors. Ron Washington using some relief pitchers to go 3 inn. Halo lineup has power with depth. Only 6 games but the future looks bright with these young players.

14 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

They get the Red Sox next, who also have a 4 game winning streak.

Not to mention our stadium half filled with Massholes. If they can take this series, I'll feel a lot better about the "something different" thing.

You know every time someone makes this thread, the Angels start to suck immediately. It happens every year. Without fail.

I'm not saying don't be happy or positive right now; that's absurd. I'm just saying it's literally 6 games. 

22 hours ago, notherhalo said:

During ST players are in the "BSOHL" phase

Anytime Angels are playing over .500 for a brief time in the season TSDATT posters come out

I have no idea what those abbreviations mean, and I'm not going to even bother to look them up.