• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I think it's sacrilege to hate John Lackey

I hope Lackey gets embarrassed on National TV tonight.

I thank him or game 7 and all that he did for the Angels when here, but he like even Torii Hunter is now the enemy.

Even more so with Lackey due to his parting words for Angels fans.  

I'm guessing you are as clueless as everyone else on this board when it comes to the details of his personal relationships.  

1. His wife had cancer

2. He divorced her

But go ahead and slurp away

I thought he was a dickhead on the mound when he was with us. Pouting if not outright glaring when the D didn't bail him out of trouble. I remember the A's got into with him once and one of the reporters said he was known as one of the most despised pitchers in the League and they were tired of his shtick. When he signed that huge deal with Boston and proceeded to suck I thought it was awesome. That being said, when he's not pitching against us I don't care one way or the other about him. He not only won us Game 7, he won that huge game at Texas that stopped a slide at the end of the year and kept Seattle at bay in the wild card hunt. I appreciate that. But I'm glad he's someone else's jerk now.  

“It was very unmanlike to deny that you did it on purpose, that’s basically what I was addressing with him when we were on the field,” Rays infielder Sean Rodriguez said Tuesday. “I played with (Lackey), I thought he was more of a man. But maybe he’s changed, I don’t know.”

"Lackey's history of minimizing his own suckitude and blaming others for his poor performance is well known. You may remember his whiny comments after he and his Angels lost the 2008 ALDS to Boston:

We are way better than they are. We lost to a team not as good as us. ... The last two days, we shouldn't have given up anything. ... [On Sunday] they scored on a pop fly they called a hit, which is a joke. [On Monday], they score on a broken-bat ground ball and a fly ball anywhere else in America [except in Fenway Park]. And [Pedroia's] fist-pumping on second like he did something great.

Lackey won't win the 2010 Cy Young Award, but he is a shoo-in for this year's CYA -- the Cover Your Ass award."

personal attacks aside, how would you like to be his teamate, knowing that after a mistake on the field, you would be the object of derision and anger by the most visible member of your team, being seen by perhaps millions.

instead of trying to pick up your teamate, you embarrass them.

i would hesisitate to even refer to lackey as a teamate.

personal attacks aside, how would you like to be his teamate, knowing that after a mistake on the field, you would be the object of derision and anger by the most visible member of your team, being seen by perhaps millions.

Wouldn't you be lying if you did refer to him that way?

Eh, whatever. So the guy gives you a dirty look when you make an error, 90% of this board gets it's panties in a wad because Scioscia shows no emotion. Just like anywhere in the world the best way to succeed is when you are held accountable by not only management but your peers.

That pretty much sums it up. 

Wouldn't you be lying if you did refer to him that way?

in the sense that i was his teamate, yes, i would be lying.

anybody that behaves the way lackey does towards other players, previously on the los angeles angels of anaheim and now on the boston red sox major leauge baseball teams is not now, nor has ever been, a teamate to players, active or otherwize on the aforementioned organizations.

Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said Lackey’s comportment is not an issue among the position players.“That’s Lack. It comes from an honest place,” he said. “He’s not trying to show anybody up, he’s just being competitive. If you know him, you know that’s not really him.”

Last season, when asked about Lackey, former Angels outfielder Torii Hunter winced at first. â€œMisunderstood guy,” he said. “But a good teammate. He just doesn’t show that side in public like some people do.”

Responding to the bench-clearing incident in the sixth inning in which Lackey beaned Matt Joyce in the back with a fastball, Maddon told reporters that there was "no question in his mind" that the beanball was intentional, and that Lackey's actions -- hitting Joyce when it wasn't called for -- made him "a bad teammate."