• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels owner Arte Moreno says he’s around ‘for the long term’

12 minutes ago, T.G. said:

The narrative that Arte doesn't have a plan is funny to me.  We don't know what the plan is and so fans assume he doesn't have one.

The team hasn't had a winning record in a decade and so far this off-season, they've done nothing but sign a bunch of relievers.  If that is a "plan," it sure seems like a shitty one.  I've seen zero reason to trust that if he has a plan, it's a sensible one that will result in a positive outcome for the team.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I've seen zero reason to trust that if he has a plan, it's a sensible one that will result in a positive outcome for the team.

That's totally understandable.  I'm not defending Arte.  I'm not saying he has a good plan (especially since I don't know what it is).  I'm just saying we're not privy to the plan.  Right or wrong.  It's one of the many things that's out of our control.  I don't get worked up about stuff out of my control. 

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm not here to educate you.  I don't know what the plan is.  I just find it funny that people assume there isn't one.

Obviously, none of us are privy to exactly what Reagins, Dipoto, Eppler or Perry have laid out. But a decade of really bad baseball seems to provide a few clues. Reagins and DiPoto de-emphasized international signings, which was a terrible mistake. DiPoto signed off on a couple of awful FA’s signings that restricted doing other things. I do think Eppler tried to build from within and retool international development but the Rendon signing seemingly restricted him. Perry clearly has emphasized drafting and development and putting money in international development. Those are pretty easy things to see. I do think Eppler and Perry have had plans that could work, with support. I also think DiPoto was a disaster. But, no, I don’t have the playbook. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I don’t have a subscription to the Register anymore, it ran out.  But Fletch said that the story is updated with quotes from the mayor.  Anyone want to share what that is?  

You might’ve already seen it by now, but it’s this:

25 minutes ago, T.G. said:

That's totally understandable.  I'm not defending Arte.  I'm not saying he has a good plan (especially since I don't know what it is).  I'm just saying we're not privy to the plan.  Right or wrong.  It's one of the many things that's out of our control.  I don't get worked up about stuff out of my control. 

He has a plan, it’s filling his pockets with millions, billions. And hope that a few star players can carry team to championship, until today now he has faith in youth movement. Ha Ha. Meanwhile the farm has been decimated. Fans love to call out GM’s on some recklessness, but really we don’t how often they have come up with plans only to be shot down By Arte. So many off the field issues which the GM’s probably aren’t responsible for or should not be, show overall recklessness 
We don’t know he might sign 2 pitchers or 1 and Bellinger and it could have been the plan all along. But history seems to show that it will be a whimsical move.
Having said all of that, I will continue to follow this team because why, shit I don’t know. 

Let’s Go!

17 minutes ago, Dgar24 said:

He has a plan, it’s filling his pockets with millions, billions. And hope that a few star players can carry team to championship, until today now he has faith in youth movement. Ha Ha. Meanwhile the farm has been decimated. Fans love to call out GM’s on some recklessness, but really we don’t how often they have come up with plans only to be shot down By Arte. So many off the field issues which the GM’s probably aren’t responsible for or should not be, show overall recklessness 
We don’t know he might sign 2 pitchers or 1 and Bellinger and it could have been the plan all along. But history seems to show that it will be a whimsical move.
Having said all of that, I will continue to follow this team because why, shit I don’t know. 

Let’s Go!

Thats so simplistic saying he’s just in it for the money. If that was true he’s not dropping $39 million on Anderson or $245 million on Rendon. 

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

And for the record... I wish Arte would sell the team.  That too is out of my control.  I'm not going to waste a lot of energy wishing/hoping he would. 

We are very similar in our thoughts on most things. 

100%

If @Lou was here he'd be the first one to remind us of this very thing.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

The team hasn't had a winning record in a decade and so far this off-season, they've done nothing but sign a bunch of relievers.  If that is a "plan," it sure seems like a shitty one.  I've seen zero reason to trust that if he has a plan, it's a sensible one that will result in a positive outcome for the team.

The plan is to take the money people spend for tickets, parking, souvenirs, and food and pocket the money as he is not going to spend money for players who will help the team instead of peanuts at the 99 cent store. I will not spend any more money on this team anymore until he sells the team to someone who cares about the team and fans. I say if Oakland gets some good players to help them we will be a last place team and everyone can laugh at Moreno as he lost Ohtani and then possibly a last place team.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

It's one of the many things that's out of our control.  I don't get worked up about stuff out of my control. 

This has been my mantra all winter.  Nothing I can do about anything so, I wasn't going to get bothered.  With Arte saying he's here long term hopefully the fan-fiction about him selling the team finally stops.  It's not that I like him or want him as the owner, it's just whining about him selling is like sitting in 110 degree heat and having to hear someone else complain that it's hot.  It just adds to the annoyance.

Thats so simplistic saying he’s just in it for the money. If that was true he’s not dropping $39 million on Anderson or $245 million on Rendon. 

Agree on Anderson. But he grabbed him from Dodgers which I’m sure he enjoyed. 

Rendon he considered a star , just got beat on Cole impulse move.    Hamilton, Albert Pujols. Even today he talked of baseball being an entertainment business. That’s what he values.
Im new to Angelswin not Angel  baseball. The Angels have always chased star power and that’s fine to an extent. Me personally I don’t mind not spending on this player or that player. I personally wanted to go young, all in on Ohtani trade. My view is just what he mentioned today he’s all in on entertainment and baseball is second. Lastly he made it fairly clear that he has no concern with the future of Anaheim Stadium.  
FYI I am pretty simplistic. 

24 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He's running a business. That doesn't mean he has to run the team like the Oakland A's.

Nor is he. If he only cared about money he isn’t giving big contracts to players that won’t pay for themselves. So no Upton, no Rendon and probably no Anderson. Now if they help them win (which is why they were signed) it could help the team pay for their salaries. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Nor is he. If he only cared about money he isn’t giving big contracts to players that won’t pay for themselves. So no Upton, no Rendon and probably no Anderson. Now if they help them win (which is why they were signed) it could help the team pay for their salaries. 

Arte didn't sign these guys for charity.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He signs players because in his opinion it will improve the fan experience to the point that they will spend more money on Angels baseball.

Ok. Tell me how anyone in the world thinks Anderson provides $13 million in fan experience in 15 home starts.  The ONLY way is if he helps the team get to the playoffs.