• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When will Boras panic over none of his 5 FAs signing?

When will Boras panic over none of his 5 FAs signing?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. When will Boras panic over none of his 5 FAs signing?

• When position players report
    • March 1
    • March 8
    • March 15
    • Start of regular season
    • Are you kidding? It’s Boras.

At some point the blame goes to the players. They can simply say to Boras, these are the teams, here is the deadline, get me the best deal using those parameters.  Then Boras goes to those teams, negotiates for his player, brings back the different offers and the player chooses by the deadline. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

At some point the blame goes to the players. They can simply say to Boras, these are the teams, here is the deadline, get me the best deal using those parameters.  Then Boras goes to those teams, negotiates for his player, brings back the different offers and the player chooses by the deadline. 

I don’t think it’s too late by any means right now but signing too far in to the spring could mess with your ability to be prepared for the full season. Not there yet.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Free agent Pitchers who miss most of spring training generally struggle that season. Of course there are exceptions. 

I guess pitchers can get hurt at any time, it’s a tough gig, but there does seem to be something to needing the proper amount of “ramp up” time.

11 hours ago, ettin said:

Well I stand corrected about Boras and his clients, this late into the season. They are clearly not getting enough juice for the squeeze at this point ahead of Opening Day.

I've wondered if his whole plan at least for the guys with QOs was to get the opt outs on front loaded deals if he couldn't get them the biggest deal possible.  Teams are putting a much higher value on the bonus money that comes with them on those draft picks than in the past.  Fewer rounds in the regular draft and capped spending in both the draft and with international FAs has increased their value IMO.

20 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Even if it's a little pricier I'd much rather have them for a year or 2 then let them opt out. You keep them in contract year production mode then dump them before they age out

If you're a team that's one player away from feeling like a really strong contender, I can see it. I just don't think the Angels are close enough this year to make signing a Snell-type player a priority if the signing requires giving the player an opt-out.

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I've wondered if his whole plan at least for the guys with QOs was to get the opt outs on front loaded deals if he couldn't get them the biggest deal possible.  Teams are putting a much higher value and the bonus money that comes with them on those draft picks than in the past.  Fewer rounds in the regular draft and capped spending in both the draft and with international FAs has increased their value IMO.

Then I stand corrected, I was right all along! 🤣