• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When will Boras panic over none of his 5 FAs signing?

When will Boras panic over none of his 5 FAs signing?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. When will Boras panic over none of his 5 FAs signing?

• When position players report
    • March 1
    • March 8
    • March 15
    • Start of regular season
    • Are you kidding? It’s Boras.

At this point why not just have his own independent ST team to showcase his clients?

That's a marketing tool, until one of them break their pelvis running out a ground ball or tear a UCL throwing an 80mph fastball in the bullpen.

One thing Boras needs to understand is that other than Martinez (age 36), none of his other clients has been a model of consistency over the past several years.

Snell: two Cy Young’s sandwiched around a bunch of seasons where averaging just 5 innings/start and never exceeding 130 innings mainly due to averaging just 24 starts a season in those other 4 full seasons 

Montgomery: until this past season, just a solid and not great pitcher

Bellinger: two bad seasons preceding a really good 2023

Chapman: mediocre hitting May 2023 through September 2023, plus sub .750 OPS the past 3 years and fielding declining some

Edited by Angel Oracle

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

One thing Boras needs to understand...

I think Boras understands his players and the market just fine.  He's arguably the best at what he does. At the end of the day, his players always get paid.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

I think Boras understands his players and the market just fine.  He's arguably the best at what he does. At the end of the day, his players always get paid.

On rare occasions, I think he overplays his hand and waits too long, but that is rare.  Years ago, the Angels made a good offer out of the gate on Moustakas (when he was coming off a good run at KC).  Boras turned it down, we signed Cozart and Moustakas ended up with a one year $5 million "pillow deal" with KC....I've always thought that, if Boras had the read the market better, and been more willing to move quickly, it obviously would have worked out a whole lot better for Moose and the Angels.  But, you are right, he rarely misses. 

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

On rare occasions, I think he overplays his hand and waits too long, but that is rare.  Years ago, the Angels made a good offer out of the gate on Moustakas (when he was coming off a good run at KC).  Boras turned it down, we signed Cozart and Moustakas ended up with a one year $5 million "pillow deal" with KC....I've always thought that, if Boras had the read the market better, and been more willing to move quickly, it obviously would have worked out a whole lot better for Moose and the Angels.  But, you are right, he rarely misses. 

I get all of that.

I’m just thinking that if he is playing the long game here, that it has the potential to backfire.

Something just seems to be different here.   Maybe it’s simply because of the number of big money clients involved, and it being this late into the off-season?