• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2024 PGA thread

Scheffler and Homa kind of idled today allowing more to move into position but most of the scores were par. DeChambeau slipped badly because half of his second shots were out of pine needles. Højgaard blew up after getting to -7 then crashed back to earth shooting a 74. Morikawa was the star of the day with a 69, the second best score of the day. 

Woods finishes 16 over. He will have to decide if he wants to play competively or just show up at majors and never see a leaderboard.

To be competitive he has to play at least two rounds a month on the tour to build up his game through the grind of playing and diversity of playing conditions. Practice doesn't replace actual tourneyment play. He is not sharp, he is not competitive, he is not helping his legacy.

Morikawa could be running away with this tournament on the final day, but he has missed 4 amazing opportunities for birdies and one for eagle and missed them all.  Same goes for Max Homa.

Scheffler is letting the field come back to him with consecutive bogeys.  Scottie is really struggling today with distance control on his irons and he’s missing greens left and right.

Going to be a great finish today with many players within 3 shots right now.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I keep waiting for Morikawa and Homa to decide they want a green jacket but so far Aberg is the only golfer moving his game forward. 

Exactly @Blarg.  Me too.  I’m pulling hard for both those guys, and Scheffler also.

Aberg is playing with zero fear right now, and that’s dangerous.  Maybe he doesn’t realize this is a major and is going to change his life forever?

10 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Exactly @Blarg.  Me too.  I’m pulling hard for both those guys, and Scheffler also.

Aberg is playing with zero fear right now, and that’s dangerous.  Maybe he doesn’t realize this is a major and is going to change his life forever?

Maybe he does and welcomes it. Now at -7 for share of the lead. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

He has certainly learned how to close out matches. 

It reminds me of the glory days of Tiger.  Back in the day, when Tiger was in contention, especially when he was chasing, guys locked up.  Even great players pressed.

With Scheffler, he wasn’t chasing today, but he had the lead and guys knew he wasn’t going to make mistakes (like Tiger) and Scottie let guys make their own mistakes.

Scheffler is Tiger 2.0

morikawa said afterwards he got greedy on 10 and another hole on the back nine. he screwed up both of them and that ended his run. 

some idiot reporter afterwards asked scheffler if he was going to lose his focus now with the imminent birth of his kid. that reporter should be banned. 

On 4/14/2024 at 7:38 PM, PattyD22 said:

It reminds me of the glory days of Tiger.  Back in the day, when Tiger was in contention, especially when he was chasing, guys locked up.  Even great players pressed.

With Scheffler, he wasn’t chasing today, but he had the lead and guys knew he wasn’t going to make mistakes (like Tiger) and Scottie let guys make their own mistakes.

Scheffler is Tiger 2.0

Dude is in line to win again. 

8 hours ago, St1ck said:

Dude is in line to win again. 

he's just insanely dialed in right now. should be a fun final round on sunday.

sepp straka will be in the final pairing with him. don't sleep on sepp.