• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2024 PGA thread

• 3 weeks later...

20 years old and has a PGA title in his pocket. pretty darn awesome.

shot a 60 on saturday? insane.

in an on the course interview with his parents, they said they knew he was headed for the tour when he shot a 59 at age 12. 

Edited by Tank

Boy oh boy if Tony Finau or the X man could have done ANYTHING with their putters today, either one could have one this Farmers Insurance tournament easily.

Both putted like dogshit.  Especially Xander, who after the first hole, didn’t make a single putt over 4 feet.  Brutal

for as good as he can be, xander is a frustrating player for me to watch. he has 7 wins (looked it up and was surprised it was that many) but it feels like he should have a fair deal more than that. he's always in the hunt but i just don't see a closer's mentality with him. his eyes don't show any fire.

clark ends up shooting a 60. 

and because the PGA finally decided to cancel the 4th round, clark wins pebble beach. he ended up winning by one shot, too. 

i played pebble beach in the late 90s and i can't imagine shooting 60 on that course. inconceivable. 

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

X-man comes up just short yet again, one shot back in the Players Championship.

On 1/28/2024 at 3:52 PM, Tank said:

for as good as he can be, xander is a frustrating player for me to watch. he has 7 wins (looked it up and was surprised it was that many) but it feels like he should have a fair deal more than that. he's always in the hunt but i just don't see a closer's mentality with him. his eyes don't show any fire.

should've called your bookie.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

meanwhile, scheffler wins the players championship for the second year in a row, becoming the first player to do so. 

gotta think augusta is going to be his to lose.

Now that he has his putter going Scheffler vs the field is a legitimate bet. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Masters.

Scheffler is a golfing machine. It's his Masters to lose.

Woods is starting to falter on Day 2. Second straight bogey after a birdie on the 3rd hole. His disgust is evident as he too-casually rolls in his bogey putt with one hand.

Spieth having a tough start to 2024.

Woods is trying to be competitive without playing any tourneyments to develop consistency under pressure. All of his practice is on his familiar turf. Right now that is showing. His game off the tee is fine because that is a controlled surface similar to a driving range. But his shot making isn't sharp on all of the uneven surfaces. 

36 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Just watched Spieth's 9 on yesterday's 15th hole. Yikes.

He appears lost out there. 

I love Speith as he seems like a genuinely good guy, but damn….he’s a roller coaster.  Last weeks adventure on 18, todays implosion on 15….its nuts.

He’s so good when he’s on, but he definitely has swing thoughts creeping into his head.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The Masters.

Scheffler is a golfing machine. It's his Masters to lose.

Woods is starting to falter on Day 2. Second straight bogey after a birdie on the 3rd hole. His disgust is evident as he too-casually rolls in his bogey putt with one hand.

Spieth having a tough start to 2024.

Scheffler is amazing, and he “should” be there at the end, if he can survive the late tee time today and the wind they are expecting later.

The game I’m rooting for is Will Zalatoris.  It would make his comeback complete.

And if I could bottle up a swing, it would be his swing with Max Homa’s swing a close second.

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Scheffler's wife is expecting their first child. Scottie said he would leave if she goes into labor during the tournament. 

Of course.  Isn’t it just like a wife to get in the way of a guy trying to win a major and make millions?

Typical.