• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy New Year Everyone - Let's see your Angels & Personal Resolutions

I'll go first...

The Angels: I hope that through good coaching at the minor league and major league level that the Angels can produce their own quality talent much like they did through the 90's with Salmon, GA, Edmonds, etc. I also hope they draft better and stop going for these college kids that are closer to the big leagues but not necessarily more talented than a HS kid who can be developed through the system into a quality major leaguer. 

I hope the Angels can make smart signings and trades so that they can compete in the AL West in 2024. 

Finally I hope they can at the very least stay relatively healthy.

For myself, I'm going to work on making sure I'm physically, mentally and spiritually healthy so I can stick around as long as I can for my loved ones...and especially my grand kids. 

Cheers everyone! 

For the Angels, I just hope we make the right moves - draft well and do whatever's right at the deadline. I won't be mad with another bad season, but I'll be mad if we set ourselves up to be bad in 2025 too.

For myself, I really gotta start sleeping and eating better. My sleep schedule has been broken since August.

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy and Save 2024!

The Angels: I hope that Washington and the staff make a tangible difference in the team results this year, and we get to see the team sporting a winning record for the majority of the season.

For myself, I want to spend more time enjoying the places that Southern California has to offer, Huntington Gardens, Getty, LACMA, Petersen Museum, LB Aquarium, etc.  I also want to get to Texas for the series against the Rangers and the Astros, and perhaps one or two other away games.

Finally a PSA - If it has been a while since you talked to your Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Kids, do it today.

for the halos:

there are so many holes to fill that i just don't have any expectations for the team to be a success this year. none. zero. i don't expect them to sniff anything close to .500, either. i'm hoping for two things, however - the kids continue to develop well (neto, o'hoppe, and shanuel), and that the leadership in the front office gets their act together on making the franchise better, so that our minor leagues are a breeding ground of talent, and that anaheim once again becomes a destination for quality players. 

for me:

i'm planning on retiring in june, so there are a lot of new things on the horizon. no idea what i'm going to do next. for the immediate future, i just want to rest as the last two school years have been very stressful (lots of changes and more aggressive/less respectful kids to deal with). my daughter and i are planning to start traveling to some new ballparks later in the summer, like SF, Oak, and Sea. and as TG said, there are always needs for self-improvement and care. 

My resolution for the Angels is that they develop an organizational plan that starts with the Minors and player development, that they investing meaningfully in that plan at all levels, and most of all that Arte lets them stick to the plan with minimal interference.

My personal resolution is to maintain the positive changes I’ve made health-wise and spend more time doing things that bring me and my family happiness.

May you all have a wonderful 2024!