• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Angels clubhouse was “Twenty-five plus one.”

BTH

24 minutes ago, cals said:

There’s nothing.  It’s spin.  Even if Ohtani got special treatment, if dudes just up from AAA were offended than they’re morons.  Anyone with half a brain on any team with Ohtani would just be happy he’s on the team.  This stuff is just stupid.

Chemistry dude..come on!

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I think this is dumb. Do I think there were challenges with having Ohtani, sure.  Do I think they had to alter other players playing time having him, sure. Do I think players went and bitched to Dylan, probably not. 

This

The use of the 6 man rotation, and the negatives around it, can’t be underestimated.

It will be nice to see a 5 man rotation, with most of the pitchers now capable of pitching 180 innings if healthy.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

This

The use of the 6 man rotation, and the negatives around it, can’t be underestimated.

It will be nice to see a 5 man rotation, with most of the pitchers now capable of pitching 180 innings if healthy.

This,This,This.

I think this is underestimated, I would hold on to our young pitchers till after this season. Then judge on a fair baseline .

As a non-cali resident, I do not read the LA Times so I am not familiar with this writter. However he seems to not be well liked by many of my fellow AW comrades.

However setting such and such aside - I think many on here are correct in pointing out how other players should have simply gotten over this. But at the same time team chemistry is very important to have a winning culture. If what this is true then it really doesn't surprise me one bit. Besides tying up $40/50 million a year, I was in favor of the Angels not resigning him becuase I felt he was too much of a distraction preventing us from putting together a team to compete for the post season.

The team was bending to his every whim to ensure his success. Which, of course when you have a superstar like Ohtani that is what you gotta do. However at times it felt it was more about what was best for Ohtani, and not the Angels. 

I don't hold any ill will towards Ohtani. But I really do wonder if the Dodgers can embrace a guy like Ohtani who is quiet, shy and incredibly humble. He may not fit the mold of that "Dodger culture". Which is bascially to be a brash, obnoxious a-hole at all times.

However, after some moping around here including myself I am over it. Let's just move on. 

1 minute ago, Tank said:

Waiting for the break of day
Searching for something to say
Flashing lights against the sky
Giving up, I close my eyes

Sitting cross-legged on the floor
25 or 6 to 4

It's a song from the band Chicago.

Ah got it. Speaking of songs I have had this one on my mind lately. I think it's fitting for the situatiion.

personally think the whole 5 man vs. 6 man rotation is sorta overblown.  

By the end of the year, most teams, even good ones, end up having 7, 8, 9 + guys make starts.  If you've got Gerrit Cole on your team, he's starting every 5th game.   Or to put it another way, if you had 4 other starters that were good enough, you'd just have to fill around them and Ohtani in more of a piecemeal fashion.  It really wouldn't be that different.  

To me, DH at bats being freed up is far more beneficial than going back to a 5 man rotation.  

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

personally think the whole 5 man vs. 6 man rotation is sorta overblown.  

By the end of the year, most teams, even good ones, end up having 7, 8, 9 + guys make starts.  If you've got Gerrit Cole on your team, he's starting every 5th game.   Or to put it another way, if you had 4 other starters that were good enough, you'd just have to fill around them and Ohtani in more of a piecemeal fashion.  It really wouldn't be that different.  

To me, DH at bats being freed up is far more beneficial than going back to a 5 man rotation.  

Now hear me out. What if we could clone players like Ohtani? And just have an entire pitching staff of ohtanis