• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Maybe the angels need to take on a bad boy image. The nice guy stuff isn’t working as of late.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the guy is a scumbag, regardless of the false allegations. I’ve seen enough from his YouTube channel to know he’s all about himself, but if he can provide quality innings at a massive discount, then I think arte needs to kick the tires. For the record I don’t think it happens. 

Bad boys image worked pretty well for the A's back in the early 70's.

21 hours ago, Chuck said:

X poll results are in.

IMG_2511.jpeg

A more accurate poll one that the owners are actually basing their decisions on would be ''If Trevor Bauer was signed would you still support (tickets & merch) the Angles'' ... The % should be much lower than 30% but owners are looking at it as why have to give up any % ...

Now if Bauer was signed and performs well and the Angels are in a playoff hunt the increased interest would mean more ticket sales and those sales would make up for the supporters who left ... So maybe Artie doesn't really believe the Angels will be a playoff contending team even if signing him, so what's the point of losing any fans/money on signing him ... 

Personally I think the MLB owners know any woman Bauer has ever come in contact with could possibly be another legal mess no matter if they're telling the truth or lying and just seeking money , so it's just not worth the risk to them

37 minutes ago, nothing, Nothing said:

A more accurate poll one that the owners are actually basing their decisions on would be ''If Trevor Bauer was signed would you still support (tickets & merch) the Angles'' ... The % should be much lower than 30% but owners are looking at it as why have to give up any % ...

Now if Bauer was signed and performs well and the Angels are in a playoff hunt the increased interest would mean more ticket sales and those sales would make up for the supporters who left ... So maybe Artie doesn't really believe the Angels will be a playoff contending team even if signing him, so what's the point of losing any fans/money on signing him ... 

Personally I think the MLB owners know any woman Bauer has ever come in contact with could possibly be another legal mess no matter if they're telling the truth or lying and just seeking money , so it's just not worth the risk to them

Because if he’s pitching well you can flip him at the deadline. The only team at risk with signing Bauer is the first team that signs Bauer. 

3 hours ago, nothing, Nothing said:

Which is why the #metoo movement, while originated in well meaning, has jumped the shark ultimately.

20 hours ago, mmc said:

This post was also introduced in Japan.

(Link in Japanese) Is Bauer alternative to Ohtani? GM refuses to comment...will the tide change? - Full-Count on Janunary 7.

(Quotaion of the last sentence)
"The Angels are also considered a candidate team to acquire Imanaga, so will Bauer ever fill the hole left by Ohtani?"

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

I get the pr bs, but he is a victim.

Never liked him but what a bargain he'll probably be at this point.

I'd be shocked if Arte went there.  

Judging by how the off-season is going so far, is Arte going to bring anyone in even on a decent multi-year contract?

Here's another way to look at it, IMO. I think the Angels are already have a problem drawing FAs here. Between Arte's meddling, the Skaggs tragedy, constant managerial and FO turnover, Shohei leaving, even lesser items like Pujols being DFAed (made sense for us, but surely internally among baseball players it raised some eyebrows), etc., CA taxes, being behind the last two WS winners (and another playoff team), the Dodgers being able to outbid/out-appeal, there is no shortage of things that may cause a FA to think twice about signing here right now. Bauer was already a polarizing figure before his legal troubles. Teams were not flocking to sign him before this, and they certainly aren't now. Adding someone like Bauer certainly isn't going to make signing here any more appealing for FAs, this winter or next. Bauer has also shown he's pretty much about the money. Even if we sign him and he kicks ass, I don't think he'll cut any sort of deal to retain him here. And we aren't contending in 2024 more than likely.

Washington was obviously brought in to help continue building positive clubhouse culture and to help develop talented young leaders on this team. Bauer is not going to help that situation. I just don't see any benefit, even if the dude pitches like an ace in 2024, which is far from guaranteed.

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Whatever the Angels do it will almost certainly turn out to be a disaster.

Unless Moreno sells the team, that would be brilliant.

I know everyone prays for Arte to sell and I do to but him selling doesnt automaticly mean its a good thing. I mean does everyone remember Frank Mcourt. We could be sold to some penny pincher that wont even spend on players let alone infrastucture. Just saying its hard to believe but it could be worse. I hope we are sold to a group of rich people so not 1 person can make hasty choices. with out answering for it.