• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I think Ward needs to prove he's fully healthy. Getting hit in the face is no joke and can linger. If he can prove healthy, then I think his value can peak this season. 

Rengifo... Maybe you're right. I think he may need to prove last seasons second half surge is sustainable. If he can, then his value could skyrocket. 

His OPS was somewhat similar in 2022 (.724) and 2023 (.783), with almost 1000 PAs.

When Rendon shows that he is no longer a 3B, give the job to Rengifo.

He certainly has the arm and power for a 3B.   Let Rendon split time between DH and platooning with Schanuel at 1B.

Edited by Angel Oracle

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Maybe instead of trading Rengifo you sign him to an extension. Have him one of pieces with young players to build around and in 2 years be competitive. Save your money and invest next off season

I would bet a good amount of money there is no way on earth you are going to support the team spending money on premium free agents next season.  Nobody believes you because it’s not in your DNA.  Could you maybe spare us the phoniness?

This just doesn't feel like the year to overpay for Free Agents. The class has way too many question marks. Plus Angels would have to pay more than other contending teams. Angels need to show that they are heading in the right direction this year. Detmers, Canning, Sandoval & Silseth all have a lot to prove. Along with the young position players. No one is coming here unless these guys can show upside. 

21 hours ago, BTH said:

Who is tweeting this? Chuck?

This was me. 

So I was at the Nashville airport bar watching NFL games yesterday watching my two fantasy football teams dominate in both championship games while waiting for my flight down to Tampa, weirdly enough sitting next to MLB player Tony Kemp and I got a message from a trusted source who is connected to Perry Minasian with this news.

Just now, Chuck said:

This was me. 

So I was at the bar watching NFL games yesterday watching my two fantasy football teams dominate in both championship games waiting for my flight down to Tampa, weirdly enough sitting next to MLB player Tony Kemp and I got a message from a trusted source who is connected to Perry Minasian with this news.

Can you say if your source told you anything else?

5 minutes ago, Chuck said:

This was me. 

So I was at the Nashville airport bar watching NFL games yesterday watching my two fantasy football teams dominate in both championship games waiting for my flight down to Tampa, weirdly enough sitting next to MLB player Tony Kemp and I got a message from a trusted source who is connected to Perry Minasian with this news.

Not doubting you at all. But what would the source connected to Perry have to gain by giving you this information? Just wondering if they're trying to purposely keep things close to the chest.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not doubting you at all. But what would the source connected to Perry have to gain by giving you this information? Just wondering if they're trying to purposely keep things close to the chest.

Maybe they are friends that trust each other?

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Because there was so much talk about us being connected and/or a frontrunner to Snell and Shota and in a conversation that was laughed off. There was real interest however in Montgomery but the thought is that he'll sign with the Rangers. 

Doesn't mean Montgomery or any of the former LHP's won't sign with us as we've seen Arte pivot before, but it's not likely at this time. Snell is going to cost a fortune. Shota is going to cost over a 100 million and there's concern that his success in Japan isn't going to translate in the big leagues as he gave up a ton of HR's over there.....and how much better is he going to be over Sandoval and Detmers who are getting paid considerably less.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I would bet a good amount of money there is no way on earth you are going to support the team spending money on premium free agents next season.  Nobody believes you because it’s not in your DNA.  Could you maybe spare us the phoniness?

I have been consistent on wanting to wait and see how young players develop. Then you can see where they are at and add players. Looks like what Angels are doing is just that. Why are you upset with my opinion because that is all it is. Many on AW have said the same thing. Halos are now in punt formation look at what Chuck just posted. Better opportunities for TOR pitcher next off season. Patience for halo fans this season enjoy watching young players develop without all the hoopla of what will happen to Ohtani. 

25 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Only that we were talking to Adam Duvall and a reliever. 

Duvall seems like an inevitability. Basically Renfroe all over again, and the Braves have been all over him in the past. Cheap, power, decent defense, fits plenty of needs.

7 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I have been consistent on wanting to wait and see how young players develop. Then you can see where they are at and add players. Looks like what Angels are doing is just that. Why are you upset with my opinion because that is all it is. Many on AW have said the same thing. Halos are now in punt formation look at what Chuck just posted. Better opportunities for TOR pitcher next off season. Patience for halo fans this season enjoy watching young players develop without all the hoopla of what will happen to Ohtani. 

I not “upset” with your opinion.  Everyone wants the young guys to play and develop.  I just disagree that that it is smarter to “punt” on 2024 rather than attempt to add some productive pieces to have a fighting chance in 2024.  And I just  being direct and honest that I very much doubt you would actually support spending money next year.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

"This team" is the Giants

He goes on to say that the Angels, "Cannot be counted out," but I don't really believe him.

Local reporting seems to imply that the Giants aren't very involved, so I'm not sure what to believe. This offseason is a giant mystery.

Edited by CartiHalos

26 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I not “upset” with your opinion.  Everyone wants the young guys to play and develop.  I just disagree that that it is smarter to “punt” on 2024 rather than attempt to add some productive pieces to have a fighting chance in 2024.  And I just  being direct and honest that I very much doubt you would actually support spending money next year.

For the right player I would be. I support signing Shota this off season if money is right. 75 to 90 mill. 

1 minute ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

Doesn't see us spending a big amount of money but doesn't see us being cheap either.

to me this means we're getting like 4 more 8-10 M players like Duvall or Lorenzen. Might be a long season.

17 hours ago, Second Base said:

Can the Angels defer Plesac's money so that he gets a single dollar every year for the next million years? 

Doing it Dodgers @mrwicked style. 

Mrwicked invented these contracts nearly a decade ago but it took the Dodgers this long to figure out the value. 

21 minutes ago, mmc said:

"This team" is the Giants

I think the most relevant info in that article is:

“The Giants, Red Sox, Cubs and Angels have been tabbed by sources as the finalists for Imanaga”

But Murray said the Angels aren’t really in on Imanaga.

3 minutes ago, BTH said:

I think the most relevant info in that article is:

“The Giants, Red Sox, Cubs and Angels have been tabbed by sources as the finalists for Imanaga”

But Murray said the Angels aren’t really in on Imanaga.

Murray did indeed break the Plesac signing so maybe he has a good source inside the org, but I really just think nobody knows what the Angels are actually up to.