• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Kenny Baseball just confirmed it

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Just sign a Mitch Garver or Gurriel. I think Sandoval younger and better pitcher. Save money for TOR not another number 3 or 4.

At this point I'd rather have both Garver & Gurriel JR and then you have a surplus of outfielders that you could deal from.

Maybe, sign Yuli also as a backup DH, 1B, rhph, in a true emergency he could also play 3B for the eventual Rendon injury. He can be had for probably 1.25M (or less) on a 1 year deal. He's played a lot of meaningful baseball through the years, play a season with his brother before he retires, and work with the kids as a mentor.

Word has it the Red Sox are looking for a second baseman. 

Would love to flip Brandon Drury or Luis Rengifo for Jarren Duran.

Duran could lead off and he provides that classic old top of the lineup hitter with speed, power and great contact/eye. 

Then flip Taylor Ward or Jo Adell to the Indians or Rays for a package deal involving either Glasnow or Bieber. 

51 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Duran could lead off and he provides that classic old top of the lineup hitter with speed, power and great contact/eye. 

Then flip Taylor Ward or Jo Adell to the Indians or Rays for a package deal involving either Glasnow or Bieber. 

Red Sox aren’t gonna trade 5 years of Duran for 1 year of Drury or 3 years of Rengifo.

From what I’ve heard, Red Sox fans really want Drury.

But I don’t see the Angels wanting to trade Drury. If they do, I’d target some of Boston’s pitching. Pivetta, Houck, Schrieber, Campbell.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I still favor Adell over Ward going forward due to age, years of control, athleticism, etc.

If another team is willing to give up pitching for Taylor Ward, I am all about it.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

Red Sox aren’t gonna trade 5 years of Duran for 1 year of Drury or 3 years of Rengifo.

From what I’ve heard, Red Sox fans really want Drury.

But I don’t see the Angels wanting to trade Drury. If they do, I’d target some of Boston’s pitching. Pivetta, Houck, Schrieber, Campbell.

Of course they’re not going to do a one for one, but that’s where you start and build from there. 

A deep pockets owners hellbent on turning this franchise around would be actively trying to make deals where they acquire prospects in exchange for taking on some bad contracts.

If the contracts you take on are at least decent players, then the team is respectable immediately, albeit at a significant salary cost.

Yeah your salary situation now might stink.  But if something has to stink I prefer it to be the salary situation instead of wins and losses and/or a light farm system.  Isn’t this what Friedman did immediately when he got to the Dodgers?

If cash flow is an issue, then do some contract restructuring to defer some payments.

Come on Angels, let’s make some things happen.

They don’t have to go this exact route, but I want to see them give us some transactions that indicate some competence, creativity and strategy.