• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Diamondbacks claim Chris Rodriguez off waivers

mmc

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I find it amusing that you're triggered by a harmless joke that wasn't making fun of his religion. I thought it was funny that of all the thousands of verses he could have picked, he picked one that is kind of ironic given his injury history. Stop being so soft. 

Look, I’m not triggered. I’m hardly jumping up and down mad. However I’ll admit I am being a bit soft here. You’re right. It’s been a rough couple weeks for me in my personal life, and my emotions are getting the best of me lately.

my apologies.

34 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Look, I’m not triggered. I’m hardly jumping up and down mad. However I’ll admit I am being a bit soft here. You’re right. It’s been a rough couple weeks for me in my personal life, and my emotions are getting the best of me lately.

my apologies.

In all seriousness, hope everything is okay with you, dude. 

2 hours ago, BTH said:

I just wonder why they put him on waivers now?

Like why didn’t they do it when they dumped that group of 6 other players with Walsh, Barría, etc.

Shades of the Bobby Jenks saga. They were likely trying to have him slip though waivers to try to keep an extra guy in the system.  Its a pretty common thing this time of year

The Angels have been down this road before.

39 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

my apologies.

Whatever it is, I hope it passes.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Shades of the Bobby Jenks saga. They were likely trying to have him slip though waivers to try to keep an extra guy in the system.  Its a pretty common thing this time of year

The Angels have been down this road before.

Yeah, I get that they were trying to slip him through waivers.

I just don’t get why they didn’t it now, as opposed to when they placed 6 others on waivers.

Seems like it’d be easier to try and slip him through in a large group than when it’s just him on waivers.

9 hours ago, BTH said:

Seems like it’d be easier to try and slip him through in a large group than when it’s just him on waivers.

Nobody is going to get fooled if he is in a group of players cut loose. The Diamondbacks GM, like all GMs, are scouring every player cut loose and picking and choosing. Rodriguez has the biggest upside of all the peanuts in the dung heap of waivers and would have been grabbed two weeks ago. You obsess on meaningless stuff. 

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Nobody is going to get fooled if he is in a group of players cut loose. The Diamondbacks GM, like all GMs, are scouring every player cut loose and picking and choosing. Rodriguez has the biggest upside of all the peanuts in the dung heap of waivers and would have been grabbed two weeks ago. You obsess on meaningless stuff. 

And nobody is going to get fooled if he gets put on waivers a week or two after everyone else.

I was just curious why they decided to put him on waivers now, and not back when they put everyone else on waivers.

If you don’t care about this minutiae, just ignore it. Me asking about it doesn’t affect you.

14 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

my apologies.

Hang in there. Even when things seem FUBAR, they always have a way of working themselves out. Better days are ahead.

3 hours ago, BTH said:

And nobody is going to get fooled if he gets put on waivers a week or two after everyone else.

I was just curious why they decided to put him on waivers now, and not back when they put everyone else on waivers.

Vigilant teams won't be fooled period. 

But historically teams have done this before around this time -- and mostly with single players.  The Angels have tried to talk up an injury and then moved a guy through waivers before and failed. Jenks and Derrick Turnbow are probably the two biggest examples with Turnbow also being placed on waivers during the postseason.

This just feels like history repeating itself.

My guess is with Davis Daniel healthy and doing so well they were more inclined to take the risk.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Are people really upset about this? 

Don't care how big of an arm you have if you can't stay healthy. 

I am.  I was told he was throwing before it was reported. I was told he was being shut down before it was reported he would be shut down.  I've had two different people tell me he was seen throwing in AZ after he was supposedly shut down.

Maybe he had a setback, maybe they were trying to BS their way through it.  But the AZ team that is also in the WS saw fit to clear a roster spot for him.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I feel we're going to see the same thing happen with Sam Bachman in a couple years. 

Funny to think that CRod and Bachman are the same age, if only Bachman had his upside.

I get what they tried to do, I was worried they would try it -- the whole, he hasn't pitched in XXX months played big, but I'm guessing this particular team may have had more eyes on him just by virtue of location.

I mean, it almost worked.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

But the AZ team that is also in the WS saw fit to clear a roster spot for him.

I get what they tried to do, I was worried they would try it -- the whole, he hasn't pitched in XXX months played big, but I'm guessing this particular team may have had more eyes on him just by virtue of location.

I mean, it almost worked.

Those are the things that gives me pause. 

He's in their backyard, and they made room for him.

Did we get caught trying to be cute?  Again?

5 hours ago, Angels in 2030 said:

As if the Angels have a plethora of young prospects that they need room for.  Yikes.  CRod is the kind

of arm and young player they should  be searching high/low from other teams to gather up in hopes of finding an occasional piece of gold.  Weird 

i think in this case it depends on the severity of the injury. the angels staff couldn't help him get healthy. maybe the folks in arizona can figure out something about his health that the halos couldn't.

as far as looking for this kind of player from other teams, someone with quite an injury history,  i'm not sure that's a good strategy.

@Inside Pitch, just say it: The Angels are a dumb organization, Perry or no. It is one thing after the other; this is just another instance in a long stream of them. It is not a well-run org, thus the streak of losing seasons.

I don't care what his injury history is, you just don't let go of an upside guy like C-Rod for nothing, especially when you're protecting absolute schlubs. This has a good chance of being equivalent to Pestano for Clevinger.

Or to paraphrase a former president, "A loser organization."