• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CPAP pros

I had sleep apnea but ended up having surgery for it. have slept like a king ever since.

i've known a couple of people that use a cpap. it makes a world of difference for them.

check with your doctor and see if surgery is an option. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

I had sleep apnea but ended up having surgery for it. have slept like a king ever since.

i've known a couple of people that use a cpap. it makes a world of difference for them.

check with your doctor and see if surgery is an option. 

what surgery did you get?

21 hours ago, Taylor said:

Based on the average weight and age of AW members, I imagine there are more than a few pros here who can help you.

Hey, with all due respect, go fuck yourself!

I have a CPAP.  Has improved my sleep tremendously.  I wake up refreshed and don't wake up tired anymore.  I also don't wake up my wife anymore due to my snoring (well, I should say she can't blame me for waking her up due to my snoring any longer...I suspect she wakes herself up and would blame me). 

Getting it approved through insurance was a pain in the ass.  Had to do an at home, which suggested severe sleep apnea but it was denied due to "inconclusive".  So had to do another one (guy who ran the clinic told me what to do) which then got me an appointment with one of those sleep centers where you do an overnight and you're hooked up with a hundred wires like some kind of magic show.

I have one like this with a nose pillow mask

luna-ii-auto-cpap-machine_600x600.jpg

resmed-airfit-n30-nasal-mask-side-view_6

50 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Hey, with all due respect, go fuck yourself!

I have a CPAP.  Has improved my sleep tremendously.  I wake up refreshed and don't wake up tired anymore.  I also don't wake up my wife anymore due to my snoring (well, I should say she can't blame me for waking her up due to my snoring any longer...I suspect she wakes herself up and would blame me). 

Getting it approved through insurance was a pain in the ass.  Had to do an at home, which suggested severe sleep apnea but it was denied due to "inconclusive".  So had to do another one (guy who ran the clinic told me what to do) which then got me an appointment with one of those sleep centers where you do an overnight and you're hooked up with a hundred wires like some kind of magic show.

I have one like this with a nose pillow mask

luna-ii-auto-cpap-machine_600x600.jpg

resmed-airfit-n30-nasal-mask-side-view_6

There really needs to be less stigma around CPAP machines. Seems people assume they're only needed if you're super old or obese. When in reality a large segment of the population suffers from sleep apnea - and could benefit from a CPAP machine. God forbid human beings take advantage of advanced medical technology to help them overcome health ailments. 

3 hours ago, notherhalo said:

Im 6'0, 200 lb, 15% body fat, 38 yo

Day 3 and while I got 6 hours in the night before, only got 2 last night

waiting for the nose pillow thing to come tomorrow 

It definitely takes training your body to get used to it. Best unobstructed sleep is on your back, but I’m a side/stomach sleeper so it was a challenge. The trade of not constantly waking up tired was worth learning not to be a mouth breather. I normally average 6-7 hours, but last night only had it on for four before I woke up at 2:30 and decoded to turn it off

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

It definitely takes training your body to get used to it. Best unobstructed sleep is on your back, but I’m a side/stomach sleeper so it was a challenge. The trade of not constantly waking up tired was worth learning not to be a mouth breather. I normally average 6-7 hours, but last night only had it on for four before I woke up at 2:30 and decoded to turn it off

I figured that once you get used to it, you go the full night without any problems

Are you a long time user who still has issues and only gets some hours in?

7 hours ago, notherhalo said:

I figured that once you get used to it, you go the full night without any problems

Are you a long time user who still has issues and only gets some hours in?

I’ve had it for just over a year. You learn to deal with the issues, for example I had the humidifier set too high so I woke up because there was too much water condensation in the hose. Generally I average six plus hours of use per night

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I’ve had it for just over a year. You learn to deal with the issues, for example I had the humidifier set too high so I woke up because there was too much water condensation in the hose. Generally I average six plus hours of use per night

I suppose my assumption that once you start it and getting a rhythm, it's way better than before and you sleep through the night like a baby... Could be inaccurate

On 10/23/2023 at 5:28 PM, Taylor said:

Based on the average weight and age of AW members, I imagine there are more than a few pros here who can help you.

There are people who are in shape that have breathing issues that need a CPAP to go to sleep. 

I need to have sinus surgery but have passed on that in favor of wearing those nose strips at night when I need a good night's sleep. Those don't work for everyone, but they do for me. 

Just now, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:
On 10/23/2023 at 1:06 AM, notherhalo said:

Anyone use one?

Been trying on and off for a couple weeks and can't make it through the night 

Heard it makes a big difference in quality of life 

Mixed bag / sorry last one had a formatting issue.  Takes getting used to. I have the nose only one. Some nights I feel like it makes a difference and others I still can’t stand wearing it.  

for insurance I had to have like 95% compliance.  That jacked up my head.  Needed 27 nights a month with four hours of use.  

but I also like having the oxygen feed.  My wife likes that I don’t snore.  If you have sleep apnea, give it a longer consideration. 

if it doesn’t work for you, maybe Tank’s penile enlargement is an option. 

On 10/25/2023 at 5:11 AM, notherhalo said:

I suppose my assumption that once you start it and getting a rhythm, it's way better than before and you sleep through the night like a baby... Could be inaccurate

I've been using mine for more than 5 years and still occasionally have a night where it bothers me. But for the most part I make it through the night with minimal disturbance, although I would say at least once a night I have to adjust it in some way. I have both central and obstructive sleep apnea and it was super severe.  I was apneic almost 400 times during the testing. My oxygen saturation was dropping into the low 70s.

The process of getting used to the CPAP takes much longer than I anticipated. I expected that within a couple months, I'd hardly notice it.  Realistically, I'd say it was more than a year before I felt like I was sleeping better than I had been prior to getting the CPAP and that I didn't feel like I was getting blasted by an air hose every time I opened my mouth. But it does eventually happen and it is certainly worth it for the benefit of your health  Also, not everyone experiences the dramatic sense of improvement in their energy level and "refreshment" after sleeping with the CPAP.  I never had a huge sense of improvement.  It was very gradual. 

Stick with it. It's a long process but it's better than developing AFIB or the many other life threatening conditions that sleep apnea makes you higher risk for.