• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Managerial Search Thread

BTH

19 hours ago, mmc said:

Yeah I don't buy that.

I'll accept Craig Counsel or someone elite wouldn't want this job. 

There are 30 MLB managers and a whole lot more who wish they were managing. 

Nevin would have signed any extension we offered. Buck has publicly campaigned. 

Our franchise is a mess, but that's overly hyperbolic for click bait. 

3 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

I think it's pretty safe to say it's going to be Buck and they will probably announce an Extension with Perry at the same time 

I think it’ll probably be Buck too, but I don’t see Arte extending Perry.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Perry has a club option for 2025 that we don’t know about.

We didn’t know Nevin had a 2024 club option until they announced that they declined it.

41 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Angels met with Torii Hunter in Texas yesterday. 

Let's see where it goes from there. I'll post something if I hear it from my source. 

Do we know who from the Angels met with Hunter?

10 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Why would they meet in Texas rather than have Tori come to Anaheim so they could wine and dine?

Was Arte too cheap to spring for a ticket and dinner?  

#CourtesyInterview - check.

Dude seriously this kind of question and speculation is just so stupid.

You can also easily argue that going to Texas shows a higher level of respect rather than expecting Hunter to do the traveling. “No relax, we will come to you.”

And I have some crazy news for you.  They have wine and restaurants in Texas.

28 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Why would they meet in Texas rather than have Tori come to Anaheim so they could wine and dine?

Was Arte too cheap to spring for a ticket and dinner?  

#CourtesyInterview - check.

The Angels flying to Texas where Torii lives is the exact opposite of “being too cheap to spring for a ticket and dinner.”

But I don’t expect much from you.

29 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Dude seriously this kind of question and speculation is just so stupid.

You can also easily argue that going to Texas shows a higher level of respect rather than expecting Hunter to do the traveling. “No relax, we will come to you.”

And I have some crazy news for you.  They have wine and restaurants in Texas.

Maybe meeting Will Smith after the parade.

2 hours ago, BaseballfanCam said:

If they met with Tori and not Benji, despite him being there for Spanish language broadcasts, I’ll be so annoyed. 

I like them both. I'm not sure if they met with Benji Gil, but I'm guessing they have or will. 

58 minutes ago, BTH said:

The Angels flying to Texas where Torii lives is the exact opposite of “being too cheap to spring for a ticket and dinner.”

But I don’t expect much from you.

Most teams that are proud of their organizations would fly someone in to impress them by showcasing the facilites and meeting the key stakeholders such as their 2023 MVP......Oh wait.....

14 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Most teams that are proud of their organizations would fly someone in to impress them by showcasing the facilites and meeting the key stakeholders such as their 2023 MVP......Oh wait.....

Dumb, really dumb. Are you going to be an idiot troll all off season?

29 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Yes because torii has never seen angel stadium. 

7 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

You are seriously the dumbest MF on this site   

15 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

I would love for it to be Hunter. Experience doesn’t matter as long as Arte is around anyway. I think Hunter would have lit up Rendon for how he acted

And Hunter played for two great coaches. Tom Kelly and Mike Sciocsia. Both were big on fundamentals, playing smart baseball, and holding players accountable.  Would definitely choose him and take a chance rather than hiring a retread.