• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So, How About Them Dodgers?

27 more wins than the Angels, and a giant payroll, gets you 3 more games and an extra 10 days.

If this is where Ohtani was thinking of going, perhaps he's re-evaluating right now.

Dodgers are proving what happens when you rely on hitting, and your hitters go cold, and your success depends on a pitching staff that's god awful.  Sounds a little bit like a team 30 miles south of Chavez Ravine.

It's still possible for them to turn things around, but when you lose both Games 1 & 2 at home, in a best of 5 series, you're up against astronomical odds.

For the second year in a row they are going to be eliminated by a team that finished double-digits behind the Dodgers in their own division. Last year the Padres were 22 back; this year the Diamondbacks were 16 back. 

I enjoy watching the Dodgers lose in October, but I truly hate the MLB postseason format. 

5 minutes ago, SoCalDucksFan said:

Funny, when I mocked the Angels, and predicted their demise, it didn't do much for them.

The Angels have a centuries-old feud with the baseball gods that renders them immune to reverse jinxes. Only jinxes that hurt the team can get through.

Hate to make the comparison, but this was the Angels in 2014. Best record in baseball, nice long rest for the regulars, then offense disappeared against KC. 

Betts' bat cooled off big time in September, and the loss of Urias hurt. Arizona, on the other hand, is hot at the moment.

Like others here, I despise the current playoff format.

But Dodgers getting bounced? No problem with that.

3 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I despise Roberts. He makes me dislike the Dodgers even more than I used to. 

This one isn't on Roberts.  Kershaw is pitching hurt.  Urias is suspended.  Buehler is hurt, May is hurt.  They are relying on Lance Lynn, and some talented rookies.  The Angels offense got hurt, the Dodgers pitching got hurt.  

Either way, the results aren't pretty. 

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

This one isn't on Roberts.  Kershaw is pitching hurt.  Urias is suspended.  Buehler is hurt, May is hurt.  They are relying on Lance Lynn, and some talented rookies.  The Angels offense got hurt, the Dodgers pitching got hurt.  

Either way, the results aren't pretty. 

^^^^  Braves are hanging on by a thread with their pitching staff depleted by injuries….no matter how good the offense is, you can only survive so many pitching injuries…

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

They say Dodgers have win 100 games in regular season 4 straight years. 2020 they did not win 100. So that makes my point WS title in 2020 does not count. 1988 last time Dodgers won WS title.

this is such a tired, whiny, pointless argument.

if the angels had won in 2020, we'd be treating it exactly the same as dodger fans are treating it.