• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Trade Rumors: Angels Offseason Outlook

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Updated off-season thoughts (assuming not signing Ohtani):

Sign Yamamoto or Gray, sign Lorenzen, sign Bellinger, sign Hader, sign one other proven late innings guy, and trade Anderson along with half his salary?

That adds what, about $70-75 million to AAV payroll.   Wouldn’t that just put them at the tax threshold, and then back below it after 2024 with dropping Drury and Estevez from payroll?

Only caveat is not offering more than 5 years to anyone, only 3-4 to Gray and Hader, and 2 years to Lorenzen.

Keep the terms of any contract as short as we can. 2-5 years max

No more 8-10 year contracts

7 hours ago, DMVol said:

The only "proven closer" in the FA market is probably Hader.....and I doubt we're going there....I'd like to see another Iglesias type trade, but that may not be realistic....the stars were aligned for that deal....

And that was beneficial for a year

With the assumption that Ohtani is a full time DH next season and maybe the ‘25 season as well, how does that fit with Trout and Rendon needing ABs? Unless they just cut Rendon loose it doesn’t make sense to have three highly paid bats sharing DH roles. Personally, I’d rather see Trout getting those. 

11 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Ohtani to Dodgers, Yamanoto to Mets, Trout to Phillies or Yankees, Lorenzen to Angels.

I think there is about a 50% chance one of your predictions happen.  Yamamoto will go to AZ, Texas, Dodgers, Boston or Cubs, Trout will stay and I highly doubt the Dodgers are going to give Ohtani the contract he will get.  If the Dodgers love their process, and they do, or else Roberts would have been fired, then they aren’t changing their process to sign Ohtani.  Lastly, if Trout and Ohtani are gone, there is zero chance the Angels bring in Lorenzen nor would he want to come to a team without those guys.  

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think there is about a 50% chance one of your predictions happen.  Yamamoto will go to AZ, Texas, Dodgers, Boston or Cubs, Trout will stay and I highly doubt the Dodgers are going to give Ohtani the contract he will get.  If the Dodgers love their process, and they do, or else Roberts would have been fired, then they aren’t changing their process to sign Ohtani.  Lastly, if Trout and Ohtani are gone, there is zero chance the Angels bring in Lorenzen nor would he want to come to a team without those guys.  

Lorenzen likes the beach