• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just sell the goddamn team, Arte.

Mark68

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s what NFL and NBA is for. Although Arthur Blank is legit in Atlanta. 

With how expensive MLB tickets prices have gotten, it's feeling that way for baseball too.

I miss the days when you could buy good seats for like $15 on gameday.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

With how expensive MLB tickets prices have gotten, it's feeling that way for baseball too.

The old business model was none of the home games were on TV as incentive for fans to actually go to games.  They needed fans to go to lots of games.  I used to go to 30 or more games a year.  Fans couldn’t afford to go to that many games if the tickets were expensive.

The new business model is the opposite.  Make the games accessible on TV to get fans engaged in the team (and to sell ads).  An engaged fan that watches lots of games at some point says, “We should go to a game.”  That is now more of a unique event, and they will pay quite a bit more for that unique event.

So you have to pick.  Do you want to have no access to games on TV and be forced to go to games to see the team, or do you want easy access to watch tons of games on TV and have higher ticket prices for the few times you go?

The reality is the prices are much higher now and yet I would say it is so much better for fans now to have the easy access to the games on TV and then just decide how many games you want to experience live as an event (rather than “I HAVE TO go if I just want to see the game.”).

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It would be funnier if he raised beer prices and said professional sports should be a privilege for the elite.

Baseball is an entertainment product.  Like all sports.  Like movies.  Like amusement parks.  Like going out to eat.

I am not sure what you expect.  Yes, it is a privilege for people that have some capacity for discretionary spending.

I suppose you would prefer taxpayer funded pro sports with “access” proved to everyone, maybe with the equivalent of EBT cards to go to the games? 

50 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Everything is more expensive now... groceries, gas, cars, etc.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Baseball is an entertainment product.  Like all sports.  Like movies.  Like amusement parks.  Like going out to eat.

I am not sure what you expect.  Yes, it is a privilege for people that have some capacity for discretionary spending.

I suppose you would prefer taxpayer funded pro sports with “access” proved to everyone, maybe with the equivalent of EBT cards to go to the games? 

You love starting arguments.

I don’t get this point about how tv is so much better for the fans.  Even if you buy mlb tv you’re locked out of your local team.  How could you possibly interpret that as some benefit for the fan? You’re basically black mailed into paying for 50 channels you don’t want.  Do you think most fans of a team live out of market? 

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t get this point about how tv is so much better for the fans.  Even if you buy mlb tv you’re locked out of your local team.  How could you possibly interpret that as some benefit for the fan? You’re basically black mailed into paying for 50 channels you don’t want.  Do you think most fans of a team live out of market? 

You just don't understand how the real world works. When dtwn and Strad were growing up on the 1950s none of the games were televised.