• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok and leading up to making those trades how were they playing that week?

We just got off sweeping a Judge-less Yankees team, took 2 of 3 from the Pirates and swept the Tigers. Not exactly what I would call running the gauntlet and not enough to warrant going all in at the trade deadline. Not to say they shouldn't have made any trades, just not ones involving your top prospects. They could have had Lorenzen for much cheaper.

50 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It was probably Arte’s idea, so I doubt he’d mad at Minasian for doing it. 

Just like keeping Ohtani and going for it. 

All of it is Arte.

What do you think Arte will want to do in off season? So many needs for 2024 if they want to compete. I cannot see Ohtani wanting to comeback to this organization. If Trout wanted a trade would halos have to eat lot of money?

23 minutes ago, BTH said:

@Jeff Fletcher

Does this (positively or negatively) affect how the Angels are viewed by people (players, agents, execs, coaches, etc.) in the industry?

The biggest potential negative, IMO, is if it turns people off towards joining the Angels in the future.

I thought about this too. It’s going to be tough luring top free agents here unless things drastically change from the top, down. Sad

How is this thread 11 pages...geez...

Where are the poker players in this thread?  Who understand that money in the pot is already gone. And each action is a new independent decision.

Perry made a huge bluffing/probing raise and got re-raised. He's correct to fold here, even for a small amount.

Yes, it's embarrassing, but it's the right play to try and get under the tax level. Not for the benefit of Arte's wallet, but for the benefit of keeping your over-tax count at zero, for potential future flexibility for the franchise.

Edited by Lazorko Saves

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I thought about this too. It’s going to be tough luring top free agents here unless things drastically change from the top, down. Sad

I don't think it will have a huge impact. All the guys they waived are rentals. Every single one. 

And all but Renfroe & Moore were one month rentals. 

Are they less likely to sign players to one-year deals? Maybe. Are they less likely to be able to sign players for multiple years? Probably not. 

See Anderson, Tyler. He's here for another two years, folks!

Edited by Mark68

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

That's easy to answer: the front office and owner believed they had a shot at the playoffs, so they attempted to upgrade.  I strongly disagree with that belief as well as the particular players they acquired--but I do understand why they did something.

I get that their ultimate goal was to try to get there. But, it's truly some other-worldly crap that almost every player Perry acquired, aside from Moose, actively worked against that goal...

Of the guys they gave up, Quero was the only one that really hurt. You can say that they have O'Hoppe, but to trade him for a rental that you can't even get a compensation pick for is a waste. At least if you trade him in the off season for an established player in his final year before free agency, you have that player for a full season and can get something in return either by trade or compensation pick.

He's tearing it up in Birmingham by the way.

4 hours ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

No he won't. No playoff team is going to pick him up. Those teams made postseason by making smart personnel decisions.

I get where you’re coming from. Bro has sucked the last month or so, and his peripherals weren’t great before that. But it just seems that teams that pick up Angels pitchers that suck seem to magically resurrect them on a semi-regular basis. I know it’s an emotional fan thing to predict that sort of outcome, but it’s definitely worked out similarly before, and it points to some sort of over-arching flaw within our organization. I just hope someone picks him up and he gets to experience some success for his sake.

8 hours ago, BTH said:

@Jeff Fletcher

Does this (positively or negatively) affect how the Angels are viewed by people (players, agents, execs, coaches, etc.) in the industry?

The biggest potential negative, IMO, is if it turns people off towards joining the Angels in the future.

That’s a good question. It could go either way. 

On one hand they are doing these players a favor by allowing them to go play for contenders.

On the other hand it’s kind of a pain logistically. 

Honestly I think you could have asked the same question if they had traded Ohtani when they were 3 games out. 

8 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

What do you think Arte will want to do in off season? So many needs for 2024 if they want to compete. I cannot see Ohtani wanting to comeback to this organization. If Trout wanted a trade would halos have to eat lot of money?

I’m sure there will be plenty of other threads about that. 

And yes the Angels would have to eat most of the money to trade Trout. 

As of today here is the waiver order for selecting the players the Angels placed on waivers. This obviously can change after tonight’s games as it’s reverse order of the standings.

1/OAK
2/KC
3/COL
4/CHW
5/STL
6/PIT
7/DET
8/NYM
9/WSH
10/CLE
11/SD
12/LAA
13/NYY
14/MIA
15/CIN
16/SF
17/MIN
18/BOS
19/ARI
20/CHC
21/TOR
22/PHI
23/HOU
24/TEX
25/MIL
26/SEA
27/TB
28/LA
29/BAL
30/ATL

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

As of today here is the waiver order for selecting the players the Angels placed on waivers. This obviously can change after tonight’s games as it’s reverse order of the standings.

1/OAK
2/KC
3/COL
4/CHW
5/STL
6/PIT
7/DET
8/NYM
9/WSH
10/CLE
11/SD
12/LAA
13/NYY
14/MIA
15/CIN
16/SF
17/MIN
18/BOS
19/ARI
20/CHC
21/TOR
22/PHI
23/HOU
24/TEX
25/MIL
26/SEA
27/TB
28/LA
29/BAL
30/ATL

Can 1 team put in claim for more than 1 player?

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Can 1 team put in claim for more than 1 player?

Yes.  A team can claim any number of players who are on waivers.  Then they obviously need to clear space on their 40-man roster for them, though.  And you don't slip down in waiver order if you claim someone: all claims are processed at the same time.

17 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yes.  A team can claim any number of players who are on waivers.  Then they obviously need to clear space on their 40-man roster for them, though.  And you don't slip down in waiver order if you claim someone: all claims are processed at the same time.

I wonder why was Loup not on that list?