• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels waive Moore (claimed by Cleveland), Giolito (claimed by Cleveland), Lopez (claimed by Cleveland), Grichuk (not claimed), Renfroe (claimed by Cincinnati), Leone (claimed by Seattle)

mmc

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

I have no idea why this move would turn furure opayers off in the future

If players don’t like that the owner preferred to save money rather than play out the string with their current roster.

Remember, players think differently than fans. They don’t care as much about the business side. So players may not like the moves, despite it making business sense.

59 minutes ago, BTH said:

If players don’t like that the owner preferred to save money rather than play out the string with their current roster.

Remember, players think differently than fans. They don’t care as much about the business side. So players may not like the moves, despite it making business sense.

If you are a real competitir you would orefer to play meaningful games in September. 

Nice try

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If you are a real competitir you would orefer to play meaningful games in September. 

Nice try

I’m not talking about the players who got waived.

I’m talking about the players on the Angels who weren’t waived. They, personally, might not be happy with these moves.

Nice try tho. 

7 hours ago, Hubs said:

It may be both, but anyone who thinks this trade deadline isn't a major black mark against Minasian, well, I have a Bridge to sell you.

He didn’t do well during it for sure.  Dings him after being solid enough until it.

It is good if able to avoid the tax in 2023.   Even if they then go over it in 2024-2026, they would only get the bigger penalties in 2027.   Rendon’s salary is gonzo after 2026.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, BTH said:

I’m not talking about the players who got waived.

I’m talking about the players on the Angels who weren’t waived. They, personally, might not be happy with these moves.

Nice try tho. 

Once again, why would tbey be unhappy.  They are still being paid, still playing games.  Their chances of success are no greater or less by not having those six on the roster.

This wasn't a nice try

58 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Once again, why would tbey be unhappy.  They are still being paid, still playing games.  Their chances of success are no greater or less by not having those six on the roster.

This wasn't a nice try

They might be unhappy that ownership threw in the towel to save money. I’m sure many of those players were buddies with the guys who got waived, so they’re not gonna be happy to see them leave.

2 minutes ago, BTH said:

They might be unhappy that ownership threw in the towel to save money. I’m sure many of those players were buddies with the guys who got waived, so they’re not gonna be happy to see them leave.

That happens all the time.

See: Trout, Calhoun, Richards

It is the nature of the business, everyone understands that*

*except for some fans

This has to have a morale effect in the locker room. It reflects poorly on the organization. For bringing them in, and abruptly having regrets. And in most cases not even letting them play one full season together.

The other guys played next to them, and suddenly 25% of the roster  are branded as failures while the season is still underway. Hard to have trust that something similar might not happen to the remaining players at some time in the future. Not necessarily discarded like this, but any number of other potentially humiliating or unexpected moves.

The fact that it leaked out is also problematic organizationally. Bush league stuff. Sure, it's a competitive big money business. But doesn't reflect well going forward for attracting other players or for current ones who want to feel that the organization has class. 

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

True, just seems that these things happen more to the Halos in the past several years.

that's because this is a team you're heavily invested in.

i'm sure it would be equally true if your team was the white sox or the brewers or the giants or the . . .

Where was this outrage when David Fletcher and Jered Walsh were DFA'd earlier this year?

Didn't they have friends on the team that were unhappy to see their friends go?

This isn't Little League.  This isn't a Beer League.  Players are going to stay or go based on their performance.   It is a Business.

2 hours ago, BTH said:

Why?  They are not idiots!  They no they are out of the race.  So why would they care that they are throwing in a towel in a contest that is over.

Trust me they dont give a shit and most understand.