• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2024 Presidential Election

Straw Pole  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Joseph R. Biden
    • GOP Candidate (Trump)

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that those other R candidates are ultimately more dangerous than Trump.

I think the deranged MAGA cultists are scarier than the guy himself. All it takes is a handful of armed individuals to do something stupid (like January 6 but with more misplaced anger).

I basically agree, though see Jan 6 as more of a "low IQ riot" (Max Blumenthal) than an actual deliberate overthrow of the government. I mean, wouldn't gun nuts bring guns to an actual insurrection? 

But yeah, MAGA cultism is just a variant of religious fundamentalism: Trump is the living Messiah that will liberate the people from the Great Evils of communist trannies and immigrants. Anti-MAGA cultism is almost as bad: Trump as some kind of unique evil, so let's trust the CIA, FBI, Big Pharma, etc, and embrace censorship - everything not spouted by MSM is "disinformation," and for the love of god, don't do your own research because it is anti-science. It is really weird how the mainstream left has shifted on civil liberties and embraced trust in big institutions with a long history of nefarious actions.

IMO, we're being played - left and right. We're being told to fear and hate our neighbor just because they have different cultural values then us, but working class lefties and righties have more in common with each other than they do with the rich sell-out pundits on TV that spin propaganda to keep us in fear and hating each other.

Biden is definitely not my idea of an ideal president. However, IMO this election comes down to democracy vs. fascism. We can plod along as we are, or spend the next four years watching Trump take revenge against anyone who dares to oppose him, and appointing political donors and sycophants as agency heads and to cabinet positions. Democracy as we know it will be dead with another Trump presidency.

28 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Biden is definitely not my idea of an ideal president. However, IMO this election comes down to democracy vs. fascism. We can plod along as we are, or spend the next four years watching Trump take revenge against anyone who dares to oppose him, and appointing political donors and sycophants as agency heads and to cabinet positions. Democracy as we know it will be dead with another Trump presidency.

Congrats on buying in on the slogan. 

Biden isn't a president. He is a man incapable of holding office in advanced stages of dementia proped up by a party afraid of putting a candidate in office that would be independent in execution of policy. 

Trump isn't the answer either, so the only true hope for this election is both die of natural causes in the next couple months and there is no choice but to make better choices.  

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Congrats on buying in on the slogan. 

Biden isn't a president. He is a man incapable of holding office in advanced stages of dementia proped up by a party afraid of putting a candidate in office that would be independent in execution of policy. 

Trump isn't the answer either, so the only true hope for this election is both die of natural causes in the next couple months and there is no choice but to make better choices.  

I would love to have a choice that didn't involve either of them. My conclusions about Trump come from his own words.

On 2/1/2024 at 12:54 PM, Taylor said:

I'm registered as "unaffiliated" which means I can vote in the Colorado Republican primary on March 5.

I might write in "Deez Nutz."

I'm a registered independent, so I can't vote in either primary. Before the general election, I can only vote in nonpartisan races.