• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2024 Presidential Election

Straw Pole  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Joseph R. Biden
    • GOP Candidate (Trump)

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think the main problem with Ron DeSantis is that people saw him.  The guy is a fucking weirdo.  It’s not really more complicated than that. 

His mannerisms are strange for sure. The problem is that a lot of people really love Trump so much that nobody else stood a chance. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

His mannerisms are strange for sure. The problem is that a lot of people really love Trump so much that nobody else stood a chance. 

He copied Trump's mannerisms to win Florida. But the average Florida citizen IQ is about 65. Average Trump voter IQ is closer to 85. Not much, but it makes a difference.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

There’s that also.  It’s kind of interesting to look at.  While Trump does have large and passionate base, that almost surely will drive him to the nomination he also is broadly unpopular across the entire electorate.  Even among conservatives there is legitimate polling that a majority would prefer another candidate.  But those findings are obviously up for debate.  

regarding DeSantis tho, even if you take Trump out of the equation his unfavorables are not deniable.  He’s literally the most unpopular politician in America by a good number of metrics.  People just don’t like him.   Trump or not. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

I don't think that had anything to do with it. What conservative voter said "I'm not sure about that DeSantis because he went after the company we all can't stand"?

So small government "libertarians" are okay with this just as long as it's against a company you "can't stand."

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Fighting Disney was just a really dumb move politically.  lol go to war with the largest employer in his state to score points with some groypers.  Just dumb as fuck.  And it was a fight he was never going to win.  Never ever.  

It might be a bit more personal with pudding fingers 

496ce0674c78d6382e1e01d7ddd965cd.jpg

Everything about the DeSantis campaign is pure cringe.  Trump and Vivek have been the only serious people throughout this process.  Choice is clearly Trump now, DeSantis and his team just reek of mental illness

50 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Disney had a deal that was taking advantage of tax payers. It wasn't libertarian at all.

Well that's not true and also not the reason why he did it. It was purely retaliatory. If his issue was with special districts why did he let The Villages keep theirs?

Florida Gov. DeSantis signs bill revoking Disney's special district status
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/22/florida-gov-desantis-signs-bill-revoking-disneys-special-district-status.html

Tax experts and legislators say eliminating the district could have unintended consequences for county taxpayers. Disney’s special tax district status allows the company to levy an additional tax on itself to pay for municipal services, something that other counties cannot do. That tax currently amounts to $105 million per year, said Orange County tax collector Scott Randolph. Reedy Creek also receives additional revenue of nearly $60 million from Disney to pay its bond debt.

Sunsetting Reedy Creek means that local counties will begin paying for those services without that special status in place. Taxpayers will likely be left to foot the bill for potholes and emergency services.

The counties would also absorb Reedy Creek’s debt. The district historically operates at a loss of around $5 million to $10 million each year, according to its financial reports. But since Disney can subsidize its own operations with theme park revenue, that debt doesn’t have much impact on its bottom line.

According to lawmakers, there’s around $1 billion in debt on the balance sheet that taxpayers would become responsible for should the special district get absorbed, leading to higher taxes.

And salvaging those budgets won’t be easy. State law prohibits counties from raising sales taxes or impact fees to cover costs, and they must tax all areas of the county equally. So, whatever they enact will apply to everyone.

Randolph said the county will likely have to raise property taxes by 20% to 25% to make up the difference.

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

Portraying someone other than Trump as reeking of mental illness is some of the best parody I've seen here.

I can get why someone wouldn't like Trump but supporting DeSantis or Haley is where you lose me.  There's nothing likeable or appealing about either of those 2 and they just embarrass themselves every time they're on the mic or making public appearances.  Trump is carrying the remains of the Republican party and I'm glad Vivek has emerged so we aren't utterly screwed in 2028

39 minutes ago, mmc said:

I can get why someone wouldn't like Trump but supporting DeSantis or Haley is where you lose me.  There's nothing likeable or appealing about either of those 2 and they just embarrass themselves every time they're on the mic or making public appearances.  Trump is carrying the remains of the Republican party and I'm glad Vivek has emerged so we aren't utterly screwed in 2028

Dude, Trump is the textbook example of being a bumbling douchebag. Have you ever listened to him talk for more than 30 seconds? Total stream of consciousness nonsense. He's unhinged.

This is true for most of these clowns who want to be president. Trump is no different.