• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Schanuel (and O'Hoppe & Neto)

17 hours ago, ScottT said:

For players with 200 PA...

Moniak has the 6th worst strikeout rate and 5th worst walk rate in MLB.

That's the worst bb/k rate and it's not close.

I was hopeful he had figured things out, at least to some extent, and while the K’s and lack of BB’s were always going to be a problem, maybe he could level things off and show some consistency…. but he really cratered this month….let’s see if he can pick himself up for the last 5 weeks….since Trout may not be back this year, he’ll get his chances…

14 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

They've been great. I do wonder about their ceiling and whether they can be middle of the order bats rather than complementary players, but it's not like that'll have any bearing on the team's success anyway

Right now I think somewhere between the two. I don't think any of those three will be true elite bats (e.g. regular 140+ wRC+). I mean, maybe - but I see Neto being more of a 110-120 wRC+ guy, O'Hoppe maybe 110-130 (and may fluctuate quite a bit, as many catchers do), and Schanuel anywhere from 120-150ish.

Nolan to me is the ideal 2-hole hitter! Doesn't strike-out, will get on base and work counts! That Johnson Comp might be spot on with Nolan! 

O'Hoppe looks like he's it around 15-20 hr, hit around 260ish with hopefully some good OBP. 

Honesty for both Neto and O-hoppe you'd just want them to have a full year with our injuries to get a better assessment. 

I would also say that Nolan probably has the safest bet to reach his ceiling, with Neto having the highest upside! 

Unless something changes with Moniak's approach at the plate he at least can be a solid 4th outfielder off the bench since he's good defensively, can steal a base and pop one over the fence off the bench.

I think you have to give Ward a shot at LF next year, but with Renfroe gone (thank God), Trout in CF maybe Adell gets the first crack at RF, but I'd give Rengifo a ton of reps in RF since he's really established himself as a very good leadoff hitter. Plus he's not going to get any playing time with Neto at SS, Drury at 2B and Schanuel at 1B. I guess he can always play 3B too since who tf knows if the Halos ever get anything from Anthony Rendon again. 

23 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If there was any season for Jo Adell to get consistent playing time at the big leagues it was this season and...he's not able to get any time in and is probably out for the rest of the season. 

Sad. 

. . . we should've kept marsh and traded adell instead . . .

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think you have to give Ward a shot at LF next year, but with Renfroe gone (thank God), Trout in CF maybe Adell gets the first crack at RF, but I'd give Rengifo a ton of reps in RF since he's really established himself as a very good leadoff hitter. Plus he's not going to get any playing time with Neto at SS, Drury at 2B and Schanuel at 1B. I guess he can always play 3B too since who tf knows if the Halos ever get anything from Anthony Rendon again. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing a full youth movement next season.

Trade Estévez and Drury.

C- O’Hoppe/Thaiss

1B- Schanuel

2B- Stefanic (Paris later in the year?)

3B- Rengifo

SS- Neto

LF- Ward

CF- Trout

RF- Moniak

DH- Adell/Cabbage