• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could Shohei Ohtani win the Triple Crown?

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The RBIs will be a problem since he generates half of them by solo home runs. He will have to have some form of offense help to put runners in scoring position and a bat behind him forcing the pitchers to pitch to him. Otherwise he will end the year with the most IBB instead of RBI.

Rengifo has a near .400 OBP out of the leadoff spot and once Mike Trout is back, if Ohtani bats third there's a damn good chance for RBI's. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Rengifo has a near .400 OBP out of the leadoff spot and once Mike Trout is back, if Ohtani bats third there's a damn good chance for RBI's. 

Since Trout is always dealing with injuries, I can see the team taking a very slow and cautious approach in bringing him back. By the time Trout is ready to rehab they may be completely out of the race so no need to risk further injury to him. I think trout will have to firmly make it known he wants to get back out there no matter what. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Once Mike Trout is back he will have to ramp back up. He was nearly irrelevant for June and July with a .788 OPS. I just don't see Trout in the batting circle giving pitchers qualms about walking Ohtani. I don't see Trout getting that much better pitches with Ohtani behind him. It's still a graveyard after Ohtani so as a manager I'd still consider an IBB with Rengifo and Trout on base.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Once Mike Trout is back he will have to ramp back up. He was nearly irrelevant for June and July with a .788 OPS. I just don't see Trout in the batting circle giving pitchers qualms about walking Ohtani. 

Yep. None of us are ready to admit he is no longer the Trout that we have all had a man crush on for the last decade. It is what it is.

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Since Trout is always dealing with injuries, I can see the team taking a very slow and cautious approach in bringing him back. By the time Trout is ready to rehab they may be completely out of the race so no need to risk further injury to him. I think trout will have to firmly make it known he wants to get back out there no matter what. 

Trout can't wait to get back out there.

Teams will just pitch around him. I know everybody would hate this but I wonder in a lineup with Betts, Freeman and Will Smith how well Ohtani would do. How would he do if Rendon and Trout were healthy all year. His numbers are truly amazing and if Drury, Neto and O'Hoppe healthy all year. I hope he stays and in 2024 team can stay healthy.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Teams will just pitch around him. I know everybody would hate this but I wonder in a lineup with Betts, Freeman and Will Smith how well Ohtani would do. 

You need to go say 5 Hail Mary’s and 5 Our Fathers as your penance for having these impure thoughts.  

50 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

You need to go say 5 Hail Mary’s and 5 Our Fathers as your penance for having these impure thoughts.  

I agree but to be fair I did mention if halos were healthy. I will go to church do the penance and light a few candles. I could go to Anaheim stadium do the penance under the halo when the lights are on. That might take awhile for the lights to be on.