• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/27/23 Game 1 10am Pacific) Angels @ Tigers: Ohtani on the mound

Pretty great day so far  - Shohei gets an economical complete game 1-hitter, Ward is looking good (we need some hot hitters to carry us thru the inevitable days a starter blows up), we pick up a solid SP, and perhaps best of all, we can look at a baseball website again without everyone in the planet speculating about / openly cheering for an Ohtani trade, usually with some snark directed at the Angels.  

Whatever happens from here on out, maybe we can just enjoy baseball, and leave the offseason for the offseason.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Again, very questionable coaching by Nevin.  First the contact play with a player who doesn’t make good contact.

Then a hit and run with the same player who doesn’t make good contact.  

I guess trying to get Cabbage in scoring position was the goal, but wrong player to execute both plays

Dude.  Just stop.   The Angels have won 7 of their last 8.  Your takes are awful.

Edited by Swordsman78

8 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Pretty great day so far  - Shohei gets an economical complete game 1-hitter, Ward is looking good (we need some hot hitters to carry us thru the inevitable days a starter blows up), we pick up a solid SP, and perhaps best of all, we can look at a baseball website again without everyone in the planet speculating about / openly cheering for an Ohtani trade, usually with some snark directed at the Angels.  

Whatever happens from here on out, maybe we can just enjoy baseball, and leave the offseason for the offseason.

And a solid late innings reliever acquired in the Giolito trade

57 minutes ago, Kampy said:

I wanna give Perry Minasian some props...

From my (amateur) perspective, he seems to be a mover and a shaker, not afraid to make moves and change things up when he feels like they're not working. 

Not all of his moves have worked out, but if you wanna get hits, you gotta take swings, and it feels like Perry is up there hackin' away and getting good contact more often than not.

His style as a GM seems to match the style of the young players he's put on the field, like Zach, Mickey, Ben Joyce, etc... inexperienced, but confident and aggressive and not afraid to mix it up with the big boys.

Keep hackin' away Perry!

First Base Baseball GIF by Super Simple

And I believe these moves take the Halos North if the salary cap.   Interesting.   Arte not playin games.

28 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Dude.  Just stop.   The Angels have won 7 of their last 8.  Your takes are awful.

Huh?  My takes are awful?  I’m pretty much the only guy here that supports and likes your posts.  

I hardly ever question Nevin, and I know he’s your guy, but I found his coaching in that situation questionable.

Thats it

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Huh?  My takes are awful?  I’m pretty much the only guy here that supports and likes your posts.  

I hardly ever question Nevin, and I know he’s your guy, but I found his coaching in that situation questionable.

Thats it

Ignore Swordsman, he is just a Nevin cheerleader,

12 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Thats it

No problem questioning, as long as it's balanced by "kudos" when things go well. 

I apologize for being abrupt.