• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/23/23) Pirates @ Angels: Anderson on the mound, no Neto

Ohtani should start one of the Toronto games. Maybe the first one. Assuming that they take two of three or possibly sweep in Detroit (no sure thing) it will be a real showdown. They may be closer, further away or the same distance from the wild card before Toronto. 

Ohtani can't tnrow those lame sweepers to the Toronto sluggers. He'll have to be sharp. The Angels can gain three games, gain one game, lose one or lose three in that series head to head. At worst they'll need two of three. The first game will be important because a win gives a good chance of winning the series and not getting swept.

1 hour ago, Revad said:

Four games back in the wildcard 62 left to play, but three teams to pass with Seattle and Cleveland right behind us.  I wonder what happens if we go 2-4 to be at 53-53 and five or six games back at least.  We need to pick up a game playing Detroit and hold on to it, so maybe 5-1 puts us in the thick of it at the deadline.

Halos 6 back I sell. 

1 hour ago, Revad said:

Four games back in the wildcard 62 left to play, but three teams to pass with Seattle and Cleveland right behind us.  I wonder what happens if we go 2-4 to be at 53-53 and five or six games back at least.  We need to pick up a game playing Detroit and hold on to it, so maybe 5-1 puts us in the thick of it at the deadline.

Next series up:

Astros visiting Rangers for three, so we’re gaining ground on someone if we win. Similarly, Seattle is up against Cleveland and while that doesn’t quite factor into the WC hunt as much as others, it’s still two teams with close records beating each other.

Blue Jays up against the Dodgers in LA for three, they haven’t played well against ‘good’ teams.

Yanks have two vs. the lowly Mets, but Verlander is going one game. Boston has two in Atlanta. Tampa is hosting Miami for two.

Baltimore is beginning a rough stretch with three in Philly. 

I won’t go so far as to say Angels gotta sweep because sweeps are hard and unrealistic - but here’s hoping they win 2/3. 

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I won’t go so far as to say Angels gotta sweep because sweeps are hard and unrealistic - but here’s hoping they win 2/3.

Sweeps are hard but for every series we lose the remainder of the year we need a sweep.  Better go 3-1 in any 4 game series.

Edited by Revad

3 minutes ago, Revad said:

Sweeps are hard but for every series we lose the remainder of the year we need a sweep.  Better go 3-1 in any 4 game series.

The Detroit series will be tough, Tigers starting their best arms…I’m tempering expectations and just hoping they do 2/3 vs Detroit and 2/3 vs Toronto. Atlanta won’t be easy. 1/3? A 5-4 road trip should be the bare minimum to hope for here. 

We’ve got 13 left it looks like against Seattle and Oakland, and I hope they get a good 9-10 wins out of those. 

I’m still hoping/thinking the Angels best bet right now is to just keep plugging away and all the competition beats each other evenly to allow the Halos to sneak back in. But they gotta keep winning series here on.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

The Detroit series will be tough, Tigers starting their best arms…I’m tempering expectations and just hoping they do 2/3 vs Detroit and 2/3 vs Toronto. Atlanta won’t be easy. 1/3? A 5-4 road trip should be the bare minimum to hope for here. 

We’ve got 13 left it looks like against Seattle and Oakland, and I hope they get a good 9-10 wins out of those. 

I’m still hoping/thinking the Angels best bet right now is to just keep plugging away and all the competition beats each other evenly to allow the Halos to sneak back in. But they gotta keep winning series here on.

Does anyone think Minasian has a tentative deal in place for Ohtani, if he needs to pull the trigger?

I mean how does this work in this case?

Perry waits out the next 10 games to decide if the team has a chance or not and then on the last day of the TRD he decides to trade Ohtani and begins to start working the phones frantically?

I mean I would hope that he has a firm grasp on the Ohtani situation at this point, if not it's very egregious of him.

25 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Perry waits out the next 10 games to decide if the team has a chance or not and then on the last day of the TRD he decides to trade Ohtani and begins to start working the phones frantically?

I think that’s typically how trades at the deadline work out.

27 minutes ago, ukyah said:

most trades are never consummated, so the idea of having a framework in place for some trades in case the angels fall out is neither very difficult to imagine, nor hard to believe. i would think there are some for other players as well.

This is a pretty funny pod with media members imitating GMs and making offers.  Just a fantasy but got to think there’s some truth in the craziness.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/effectively-wild-episode-2036-the-shohei-ohtani-trading-game/

16 hours ago, No Roles said:

yeah they are like childhood toys you just don't wanna part with !!! halos are my whole childhood since we had season tickets until i was 16 🙂

Oh I get it. I have some Trout & Ohtani baseball cards for the same reason. They can also appreciate in value which anything Ohtani has a ton. I bought a few rookie card autographs of him back in 2020 when his value was at its lowest (400 or so a card). Those now are worth 4K plus.

I’m sure any team worth its salt in actually acquiring Ohtani has already had their farm scouted over and analyzed by the Angels in preparation for this, and I’m sure even if there’s a slim chance of Ohtani being dealt, Perry has at least an idea which players are on the table or which players could be discussed.

If it needs to, it can come together the day of.

3 hours ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Oh I get it. I have some Trout & Ohtani baseball cards for the same reason. They can also appreciate in value which anything Ohtani has a ton. I bought a few rookie card autographs of him back in 2020 when his value was at its lowest (400 or so a card). Those now are worth 4K plus.

I have a 2018 Ohtani TOPPS Chrome, Gem Mint 10, a gift from a friend. I have a feeling it's worth something but haven't looked it up yet. Not autographed.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I have a 2018 Ohtani TOPPS Chrome, Gem Mint 10, a gift from a friend. I have a feeling it's worth something but haven't looked it up yet. Not autographed.

Depends on which one it is. He has a few Chrome rookie cards (original chrome v. update, the former is more valuable).

I have Trout's Topps RC PSA 10 that was worth around $6K at its peak.