• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

6th Starter Next Week

Hubs

Rotation Question for more of a personal reason...

Since they have a day off between Pittsburgh and Detroit, do we think the rotation for these six games is gonna be Ohtani/Detmers/Anderson/Canning/Sandoval/Ohtani or Ohtani/Detmers/Anderson/Canning/Sandoval/Silseth/Ohtani

Reason is I have tickets to the Day Game in Detroit on Thursday and the Friday night in Toronto. 

If they don't trade Ohtani, which I doubt they will, then he should pitch one of these games, but which one? Give him the extra day off and let Silseth go in the day game?

90 degree forecast with moderate Humidity, and Save Ohtani for the Blue Jays on Friday or Pitch Ohtani on 6th day schedule, and go Detmers/Anderson/Canning for the Toronto games? 

Atlanta is up after that and if you throw Ohtani against Detroit, then he would also pitch against Atlanta in the final game (again, assuming he isn't traded)...

What do you all think?

I think Silseth gets another shot in there somewhere, probably the day game.  If they have to, I wouldn't rule out starting Barria either.  I like him better as a starter then a high leverage reliever, unless it is just in a mop up role where we are getting blasted.  It's going to be another brutal road trip I'm afraid.  A winning record on that trip would be wonderful.

Ohtani puts us in a better chance to Win every night than anyone else!

We need these next 6 games vs Dog shit teams! Just to see if he STAYS AT THE TRADE DEADLINE! We've got 5 games to make up in the Wild Card.

He needs to pitch now! Figure out rest and schedule once we get in the Wild Card.

I think he pitches against both Pittsburgh and Detroit!

18 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Ohtani puts us in a better chance to Win every night than anyone else!

We need these next 6 games vs Dog shit teams! Just to see if he STAYS AT THE TRADE DEADLINE! We've got 5 games to make up in the Wild Card.

He needs to pitch now! Figure out rest and schedule once we get in the Wild Card.

I think he pitches against both Pittsburgh and Detroit!

He’s gonna have one start before the deadline. Just wondering if it will be Thursday, Friday, or Saturday or Sunday.

Right now, if Ohtani pitches every 6th day he is lined up to be available to pitch the last game of the season against Oakland on October 1st.

If they use Silseth next week against Detroit and give Ohtani an extra rest day, then Ohtani could be lined up to pitch Oct 3rd the first game of the wild card series, using regular 5 day rest.

Edited by Slegnaac

On 7/21/2023 at 4:17 PM, Hubs said:

Rotation Question for more of a personal reason...

Since they have a day off between Pittsburgh and Detroit, do we think the rotation for these six games is gonna be Ohtani/Detmers/Anderson/Canning/Sandoval/Ohtani or Ohtani/Detmers/Anderson/Canning/Sandoval/Silseth/Ohtani

Reason is I have tickets to the Day Game in Detroit on Thursday and the Friday night in Toronto. 

If they don't trade Ohtani, which I doubt they will, then he should pitch one of these games, but which one? Give him the extra day off and let Silseth go in the day game?

90 degree forecast with moderate Humidity, and Save Ohtani for the Blue Jays on Friday or Pitch Ohtani on 6th day schedule, and go Detmers/Anderson/Canning for the Toronto games? 

Atlanta is up after that and if you throw Ohtani against Detroit, then he would also pitch against Atlanta in the final game (again, assuming he isn't traded)...

What do you all think?

17 minutes ago, Halo in Chicago said:

I’m glad to see Chase getting another start. I was very encouraged by his last start. Maybe he has the light turn on like Detmers did after being sent down last year and working on stuff in AAA. 

We could really use a break like that right now.  Canning especially hasn’t pitched much in the last few years and may need to be rested or shelved.