• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is this Adell’s defining moment?

514 foot homers and ripping up AAA aside, Joe has struggled to be that type of player in the bigs.  

Is he capable of putting the team on his back and having an MVP type caliber 2nd half to absorb the impact of Trout’s loss?

In other words, can he make us forget Trout for the foreseeable future this season?

Just now, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

At this point, why not play him every day. Let’s be honest, him catching fire and being the player he was in AAA is the only way the Angels get to the finish line this season. 

I’d play him everyday but they won’t. Renfroe is still here, Ward is still here, and being over .500 and 3 games out of a playoff spot, they aren’t going to throw in the towel. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’d play him everyday but they won’t. Renfroe is still here, Ward is still here, and being over .500 and 3 games out of a playoff spot, they aren’t going to throw in the towel. 

Ward is 29 and hitting .242.  He can ride pine just fine.  No hearts are breaking there. 

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

How does playing him every day equate to throwing in the towel. He takes over Trouts spot and plays 5 of 6 games per week.  

what’s there to lose at this point? 

Hey... a valid point!

I hope Adell plays every day.

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

514 foot homers and ripping up AAA aside, Joe has struggled to be that type of player in the bigs.  

Is he capable of putting the team on his back and having an MVP type caliber 2nd half to absorb the impact of Trout’s loss?

In other words, can he make us forget Trout for the foreseeable future this season?

He really only needs to be better than Ward and Refroe. Those are the two guys he would replace, Moniak will cover center field. 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I was thinking this same thing. I think this is a make or break opportunity.

30 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I don't understand how playing him daily is throwing in the towel.

When you have veterans who’ve had success as recently as last year, you are over .500 and 3 games out of a playoff spot, you aren’t going to give everyday at bats to Adell. If he was left handed you’d see him have a better chance of getting everyday at bats. 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

If Adell hits well and Ward is still being Ward then you sit him and let Adell play everyday. Ward has not earned the right to be playing everyday. I think Adell has more future upside than Ward.