• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: The Angels could be dangerous in the playoffs

mmc

I keep seeing that the Angels have a half game lead in the third wild card spot, in all articles, today, but really, they're tied with the Yankees for the 2nd wild card spot, and both teams have a half game lead. 

The Angels have played more games than the the Yankees, and have one more win and one more loss. Had they won one of the four close games that they lost last week, they'd be up by a game over the Yankees (and 1.5 games up over the Astros and Blue Jays.)

30 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I keep seeing that the Angels have a half game lead in the third wild card spot, in all articles, today, but really, they're tied with the Yankees for the 2nd wild card spot, and both teams have a half game lead. 

The Angels have played more games than the the Yankees, and have one more win and one more loss. Had they won one of the four close games that they lost last week, they'd be up by a game over the Yankees (and 1.5 games up over the Astros and Blue Jays.)

Great another one of your made up "facts". The articles are all wrong and you are right? Now that is laughable,see at this time the Yankees hold the head to head tiebreaker, so they would be second and the Angels first.

36 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Part of the new MLB rules state that any ties go to the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Great another one of your made up "facts". The articles are all wrong and you are right? Now that is laughable,see at this time the Yankees hold the head to head tiebreaker, so they would be second and the Angels first.

I'm not making shit up. Get the Fuck Outta here with that shit. They have essentially the same winning percentage.... The Yankees have played two less games, so the difference is miniscule. 

I know that the Yankees hold the tiebreaker, these national articles fail to mention that they are essentially tied with the Yankees and have played more games...it's not like they are hanging on to the 3rd wild card by a thread, they are firmly in the mix..  They want that to be the narrative WHICH WAS MY POINT. So that the Angels "don't have a shot" and should trade Ohtani. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Part of the new MLB rules state that any ties go to the Yankees.

There are 81 games left. 83 for the Yankees. And yes, I am deeply disappointed with the lack of Game 163 tiebreakers.

8 minutes ago, T.G. said:

That's not a NEW rule.

Yes, but they did away with Game 163 tiebreakers. They used to use head to head only after the Game 163 or in the case of three or four way ties. That's not the case now. If Angels and Yankees finish tied and the Yankees still hold the tiebreaker, they would get the higher seed (or into the playoffs).

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Yes, but they did away with Game 163 tiebreakers. They used to use head to head only after the Game 163 or in the case of three or four way ties. That's not the case now. If Angels and Yankees finish tied and the Yankees still hold the tiebreaker, they would get the higher seed (or into the playoffs).

I was kidding

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

Had they won one of the four close games that they lost last week, they'd be up by a game over the Yankees (and 1.5 games up over the Astros and Blue Jays.)

What if they won two of the four close close games last week, then what?  Keep the answer simple please because this is really confusing stuff.

19 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

What if they won two of the four close close games last week, then what?  Keep the answer simple please because this is really confusing stuff.

#1 Contender for Dick comment of the day. 

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

#1 contender?  So not the champion.  Did I finish one game out?  What if I had won one more game?

This is the champion. No more games needed.

My point was simply that the national media keeps pushing the narrative that maybe the Angels should trade Ohtani when they are on the fringe of the playoff race, when really, they are right in the thick of it.

On 6/28/2023 at 11:20 AM, Hubs said:

Close games will always happen but this is when I fear at the end of the season Angels finish just short and us fans are thinking about games like the one we gave away to KC or losing 2 out of the 3 to the friggin Rockies.

25 minutes ago, VladdyforHOF said:

Close games will always happen but this is when I fear at the end of the season Angels finish just short and us fans are thinking about games like the one we gave away to KC or losing 2 out of the 3 to the friggin Rockies.

Because we only focus on the Angels. All teams in contention have had bad losses and bad seasons. 

I worry about the Jay's getting hot. They have enough high end talent, but haven't been in sync for stretches so far. They may try to do something big before the deadline.

With Judge hurt and and possibly not at his best for a while when he returns the Yankees should remain about the way they are to the deadline. You also expect them to make moves.

I think those two teams will go neck and neck with the Angels down the stretch.

Houston always seems to find ways to be there in the end. Tampa will coast in. Texas looks too strong at present to expect a big drop off. Same with Baltimore. Seattle looks a notch below the others. Same with Boston. And I doubt the central teams can keep up in the second half.

The Angels are a legitimate wild card level team at present. With potential to be even better. All the teams in this mix will be tweaking and shuffling their rosters and hoping to fix respective flaws. But the Angels have Ohtani and Trout going into the second half, hungry to end the longest playoff drought current amongst all teams. Hopefully that objective is an intangible that translates into many clutch performances under pressure. And inspires the rest of the team. That's why superstars get the big bucks.