• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official LA Kings thread

Tank

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Biggest shock is scorer Kempe becoming passer Kempe (15 assists).

Remarkable balance on offense.

+/- is tops in the NHL with both offense and defense at the top.

what strikes me is this: they're not intimidated by anyone. 

remember when the '02 angels showed no fear and took on all comers? i get the same vibe from this team.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK. What happened? Went from world beaters, #1 in power rankings to if they keep this up they may not make the playoffs. Every youtuber I follow has come out with the disaster of the Dubois contract. Is it just that? Or is it something more?

It’s lucky that they banked so many points earlier. It seems losing Copley and Arvidsson really hurt them. They bet on lowering opponents shots on goal to help mask the weak goaltending. It hasn’t worked out Hopefully, Arvidsson will be back before much longer, though. The way McClellan and Doughty were calling out players publicly makes me wonder if McClellan may be losing the locker room. I know PLD hasn’t been what we’d hoped, but I also think they’re not using him correctly. He scored a goal against BUF, but he’s a distributor, not a wing, though I do think playing him alongside Kopi is best if they keep PLD on the wing. So, some of it is coaching (rotations, usage, message), some of it is injuries, and some of it is roster construction. If they don’t come out of this very soon, McClellan is likely gone.

Seems like a bit of a Bob Murray move. If your the GM messes up in the trade/ team assemblage area, just deflect to the coach when things go wrong.

Maybe they have someone in line to take over. It's not like McLellan is so special he can't be replaced. 

people who are better at dissecting these things than i am can do so. i thought the early success was a surprise, just i think the recent collapse is equally a surprise.

for me, the 800 lb. gorilla in the room was the goaltending. they've skated on the edge with who they've used, and not a single one of them would be strong enough to take this team on a successful playoff run.

i'm guessing todd got the ax because you can't fire the whole team. but i wonder if he lost the room and their recent play is connected to that.

whoever comes in, i hope he can light a fire under PLD, and i hope blake can find the right goalie to move forward.

12 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

The 39th anniversary of Rogie Vachon Night is approaching. 

The Kings retired #30 on February 14, 1985.

they passed out mini-megaphones to the crowd that night. still have mine somewhere.