• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official LA Kings thread

Tank

• 2 weeks later...

That was great… They come out of the break to defeat a really good EDM team, then follow that up by completely crapping the bed against mediocre BUF, doing the same things that got them into this trouble in January. They really should have looked outside the organization for a new voice, but I’m sure ownership didn’t want to pay premium rates to two coaches at the same time…

It’s a bummer to see Arvy go down again. Apparently it’s week-to-week. It wasn’t an impact injury, so I wouldn’t have any idea. It does potentially make the trade deadline more important. They may need goalie depth, and now they may need to do something to cover Arvy’s absence. They’re a bit up against that cap, but they may need some more depth with Arvidsson out for an indefinite time.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Another win over the Canucks and the Kings will overtake VGK in the standings. Things are going pretty well now, and I hope they can get this win tonight.

Amazing how much of a difference a coaching change has made in the Kings (6-3) and Oilers.  Too bad the Devils waited too long.

Made it up to Vancouver for last Thursday’s game 

city is ok, first timer 

arena is small. Nothing to brag about. Obviously a great outcome to end the western Canada trip.

so much hockey left but I swear if we play the oilers again in the first round probably won’t end well again 

do we make a trade? Little to no cap space , idk. 

Unfortunately, they missed a good opportunity last night by failing to take advantage of a struggling Canucks team on a night when VGK was off and the Preds lost. They did move percentage points ahead of both, but that was a win they easily could have had. That second period was atrocious, giving up 19 SOG. On to the next.

If things stay the way they are now, yup. They looked pretty listless again while playing a scrub Sens team. That should have been an easy two points, but they had to take it to OT against the worst team in the Eastern Conference. Thankfully Talbot was on his game. It’ll be interesting to see what they do today. I don’t know why they don’t move Kaliyev at least. I’d be okey with them moving Roy for a good prospect or a good forward on an expiring deal as I think the team’s blue line is in good shape.

It seems then didn’t do anything, thinking they couldn’t put Arvy and Kempe on LTIR. So they only had $2.3M in cap space. I think they should have at least moved Kaliyev, if not Roy as well. Looking at what every other WC contender did, it looks pretty rough in the playoffs now.

The Knights made another huge trade of draft capital and prospects today. When those bills eventually come due, they’re going to come due badly.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah said:

It seems then didn’t do anything, thinking they couldn’t put Arvy and Kempe on LTIR. So they only had $2.3M in cap space. I think they should have at least moved Kaliyev, if not Roy as well. Looking at what every other WC contender did, it looks pretty rough in the playoffs now.

The Knights made another huge trade of draft capital and prospects today. When those bills eventually come due, they’re going to come due badly.

Vegas has been playing the trade game since day 1.  It's amazing looking back at their first round picks.

2017:  #6 Glass Traded

2017:  #13 Suzuki Traded

2017:  #19 Brannstrom Traded

2018:  None

2019:  #17 Krebs Traded

2020:  #29 Brisson

2021:  #30 Dean Traded

2022:  None

2023:  #32 Edstrom Traded

• 3 weeks later...

Being largely at full strength certainly has them playing better going into the playoffs. That was a nice win against a good team. I don’t like that they gave up the lead so quickly in the third, but it was great to see them get a non-S/O OT win at home. It’s something the Kings have had a hard time with all year. Now comes the challenging Canadian trip to VAN, EDM, and CAL. If they hold their own on this trip, they’ll be looking pretty good for the playoff run.

3 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Great win last night! I’d love for the Kings to get VAN in the first round. I think they match up better. If EDM loses to WIN tonight, it’s only a one-point difference for second in the Pacific. Go Kings Go!

If you want the Kings to play Vancouver in the first round, you probably have to lose and get a WC.  The way it's set up is 1 vs WC, 2 vs 3.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2024 at 12:36 PM, Jeremiah said:

I wouldn't count on it. This is a place where free agents want to play. The team also stockpiled draft picks, so players from the minors being dealt hasn't been that big of a deal.

18 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I wouldn't count on it. This is a place where free agents want to play. The team also stockpiled draft picks, so players from the minors being dealt hasn't been that big of a deal.

I don't know.  San Jose traded their draft capital for the playoffs.  What's funny is, people want to bail them out, now that they suck.  I say F them.  

13 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't know.  San Jose traded their draft capital for the playoffs.  What's funny is, people want to bail them out, now that they suck.  I say F them.  

We have a pretty good idea of what we still have in the minors, because almost all of them have been called up at one time or another. Injuries have been a huge deal this season. At one point we had eight starters out, most for a significant period of time.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

There may be some NHL caliber players in Henderson but nothing more than lineup fillers. They’ll replace Stephenson and Martinez going forward with Hertl and Hanifan but their fate really relies more on Stone’s health and Hill not turning back into a pumpkin. And they better be real sure Hertl’s knee is fit

17 hours ago, arch stanton said:

There may be some NHL caliber players in Henderson but nothing more than lineup fillers. They’ll replace Stephenson and Martinez going forward with Hertl and Hanifan but their fate really relies more on Stone’s health and Hill not turning back into a pumpkin. And they better be real sure Hertl’s knee is fit

That all sounds very accurate.

Another great win over VAN. I hope they have gotten their special teams back on track. They looked better last night against a good team. The Kings don’t leave California again until the playoffs, so they’re set up to get into good shape between now and then.