• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward's struggles

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It also tells you they don't need Adell or Moniak. I don't know how to make this any clearer.

In Boston on Monday Trout took day off again that Friday. Moniak could replace him plus Ward has been in a slump another spot for Moniak. Platoon Moniak and Ward, have your best 26 players on the team. Teams use DH to give players a day off and with Ohtani halos cannot do that. In my opinion to give day off for Trout, Renfroe or Ward who do you want in OF. Moniak, Philips or Rengifo. Moniak would get playing time he is being wasted in a make-or-break year for Angels.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It also tells you they don't need Adell or Moniak. I don't know how to make this any clearer.

Philips 6 ab shows Nevin does not have confidence to put him in lineup. Trout, Ward and Renfroe all given days off and replaced by Rengifo. Moniak would be a better OF replacement. When you do not use an elite defensive when winning 3 to 0 after 8 innings tells me Philips is not needed.

38 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Philips 6 ab shows Nevin does not have confidence to put him in lineup. Trout, Ward and Renfroe all given days off and replaced by Rengifo. Moniak would be a better OF replacement. When you do not use an elite defensive when winning 3 to 0 after 8 innings tells me Philips is not needed.

No. 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

They never intended to put Phillips in the lineup. 

So far, in 31 games, the Angels have started an OF besides Ward-Trout-Renfroe 7 times. (Phillips 2 and Rengifo 5).

Seven times. 

How do you think Moniak would be doing if he played 7 times in a month?

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

So far, in 31 games, the Angels have started an OF besides Ward-Trout-Renfroe 7 times. (Phillips 2 and Rengifo 5).

Seven times. 

With Ward struggles maybe Moniak should be in a platoon with him now.

32 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

With Ward struggles maybe Moniak should be in a platoon with him now.

12 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Because they believed that Ward, Trout and Renfroe were all everyday OFs and there weren’t enough starts to keep someone like Moniak or Adell sharp. And Phillips does two things at an elite level: play defense and run. And they’re giving up nothing by letting his bat sit and get cobwebs on it. 

Now, if this goes on much longer for Ward - like a month longer - I think that equation changes. In that case they might have to re-evaluate if Ward is an everyday OF, and if he’s not, then there is enough playing time for Moniak/Adell and they can DFA Phillips. 

But for now Ward has earned a longer leash. Even with 3 bad months in the middle of last season he finished with an .830 OPS or so. That’s better than Renfroe. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Seven times. 

Maybe this is a new formula for winning by signing players you never intended to play. I do not know if Moniak would have played only 7 games but at least be a bat off the bench. I'm old school give me best players that give team best chance to win. In a make-or-break year for Angel's time is running out to win. Big decisions on Ohtani loom with Moreno just going to get in the way. Mr. Moreno wanted to sign Trea Turner in off season has he not learned his lesson yet on long term contracts. I'm a frustrated long-time halo fan watching this team make so many bad moves in recent years. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Angels do not have a month to wait in my opinion. I hope Ward turns in around but for now winning games is more important than letting Ward figure it out. Results matter now halos have losing record against good teams. Again this my feeling after 7 losing seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Maybe by bringing up Moniak might help Ward get out of slump. Perform or you will sit, old school.

Honestly, man, just stop. We get it.  You post the same thing like 10 times a day. It's not necessary.  Everyone fully understands your thoughts at this point. 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Maybe by bringing up Moniak might help Ward get out of slump. Perform or you will sit, old school.

This is going to be my last comment to you.

Ward has 15 BB and 26 Ks in the majors 

Moniak has 5 BB and 28 Ks in AAA. (In his MLB career it’s 11 and 66.)

That should tell you a lot about them as hitters. 

Good night. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Another month. 

I hope Ward turns it around starting today. My concern with Angels the Ohtani clock is ticking. Halos are losing to good teams. I'm not saying replace Ward but something needs to be done shake this team up. Seven losing seasons with same happening again this year. Changes need to occur in bullpen also before it's too late.

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hope Ward turns it around starting today. My concern with Angels the Ohtani clock is ticking. Halos are losing to good teams. I'm not saying replace Ward but something needs to be done shake this team up. Seven losing seasons with same happening again this year. Changes need to occur in bullpen also before it's too late.

Are you a "very good driver" ?